What are You Baking the Week of May 10, 2020?

Home Forums Baking โ€” Breads and Rolls What are You Baking the Week of May 10, 2020?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 47 total)
  • Author
    BakerAunt
    Participant

I probably won't be baking today, but I have plans for the rest of the week.

Spread the word
      Mike Nolan
      Keymaster

I've already baked a cherry pie and I have chocolate chip challah dough rising.

Italiancook
        Participant

I baked Lemon Blueberry Loaf Cake from jennycancook.com. It's too dry to suit me. This is the first time I've baked one of her recipes that I won't do again. But it sure does have nice blueberry presence.

BakerAunt
          Participant

My plans for Monday morning is to make Maple Granola, the recipe on the KAF website, not the one in the whole grains book, which uses more oil. This time, I have wheat germ again, thanks to Bob's Red Mill. I also use BRM milk powder rather than the special dry milk, and I halve the coconut and add pumpkin seeds and delete the vanilla.

Mike Nolan
            Keymaster

The chocolate chip chllah is very good. My big oven was busy with dinner, so I did a 3 strand braid that was only about 13" long, I should probably have done two smaller braids or a longer one that waited until the big oven was available, because it got REALLY wide and had a bit of a blowout. (One of the braids essentially got pulled apart by the one underneath it.) It was probably underproofed, this dough takes long time to proof.

But I think I'd make it again. I wanted to put some cinnamon chips in the 3rd braid, but I couldn't find any in the house and didn't feel like making a trip to the store just for one item. So I just put some extra cinnamon in it.

I may try making French toast with it, I'll definitely need to freeze a bunch of it, there's way too much of it to eat. I may offer some to our neighbor.

Mike Nolan
              Keymaster

Here's a picture of the chocolate chip challah, you can see where one of the strands basically got pulled apart by the one underneath it expanding.

image17

Attachments:
                You must be logged in to view attached files.
                kimbob
                Participant

Wow! Looks great, Mike. Besides a piece with butter that would make tasty french toast or bread pudding.

Joan Simpson
                  Participant

Looks so good Mike,cut me a slice!

chocomouse
                    Participant

I made a raspberry swirl coffeecake with cinnamon streusel topping.

RiversideLen
                      Participant

That does look delicious, Mike.

BakerAunt
                        Participant

It's time for a virtual brunch!

Mike Nolan
                          Keymaster

Let's get through the virtual pizza party on Saturday first. ๐Ÿ™‚

apilinariosilvia
                            Participant

I am planning to make homemade French bread I love the taste of bread and crusty golden color make it more attractive. I am going to follow the Homemade French Bread Recipe baked in stainless steel wood fired pizza oven.
                              French Bread

Wood Fired Pizza Ovens

apilinariosilvia
                              Participant

I am planning to make homemade French bread I love the taste of bread and crusty golden color make it more attractive. I am trying to follow the Homemade French Bread Recipe, bread will be baked in stainless steel wood fired pizza oven.
                                Home made french bread

Wood Fired Pizza Ovens

Mike Nolan
                                Keymaster

At just over 57% hydration, that's a low hydration dough. I've been playing with a recipe that is 70% hydration, and it is challenging.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 47 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.