What are you Baking the Week of March 5, 2023?

Home Forums Baking โ€” Breads and Rolls What are you Baking the Week of March 5, 2023?

Viewing 7 posts - 16 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • Author
    BakerAunt
    Participant

Aaron--Vitacost carries the Bob's Red Mill Scottish Oatmeal.

Vitacost is having a $10 off a $50 purchase order, which includes free shipping if your order is over $49. The only catch is that is $49 for free shipping AFTER the discount.

Mike Nolan
      Keymaster

My wife has decided she really doesn't like the semolina bread made with the whole grain durum flour, though she likes the honey wheat bread, which is 50% whole grain wheat; maybe I just need to add a bit more honey to it?

Anyway, I will be looking for a reasonably priced source for semolina that is mostly endosperm. I may wind up just ordering another 50 pound bag of it if I can't come up with a more local source.

aaronatthedoublef
        Participant

Thanks BA. I saw that coupon. It came the same day as my big order from Vitacost. ๐Ÿ™

Of course I am running low on pastry flour...

Mike Nolan
          Keymaster

I've been buying 5 pound bags of BRM white pastry flour (not the whole wheat one) at Natural Grocers, and have been satisfied with it.

BakerAunt
            Participant

I'm also a fan of the BRM white pastry flour as well as their whole wheat pastry flour.

Mike Nolan
              Keymaster

I bought a small bag of BRM semolina flour, that should get me through two batches of bread.

chocomouse
                Participant

I made a batch of burger buns, using half AP and half whole wheat. The raspberry pie will wait until tomorrow.

Viewing 7 posts - 16 through 22 (of 22 total)
                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.