What are you Baking the Week of February 11, 2024?

Home Forums Baking — Breads and Rolls What are you Baking the Week of February 11, 2024?

Viewing 4 posts - 16 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Author
    Mike Nolan
    Keymaster

I see it as a challenge, how can I make an edible bread that is still keto-friendly.

My weight is down about 5 pounds in two weeks, so the keto diet is working for me, and my wife's blood sugar numbers have been really good, especially no overnight spikes, so it's working for her that way, and her weight is down some.

Mike Nolan
      Keymaster

My wife's comment on the latest keto bread is that she isn't sure if it was better than having no bread at all, not exactly a ringing endorsement. It feels a bit rough in the throat, maybe that's from having ground flaxseed in it?

Right now I'd say this is probably not a recipe I'd make again, so the search continues.

RiversideLen
        Participant

I usually put some flaxseed meal in my bread, doesn't make it feel rough. But I hydrate it first, an ounce of water to a tablespoon of flaxseed meal. It just takes a few minutes.

This afternoon, I made brownies from a box mix.

Mike Nolan
          Keymaster

I'll try that if I make another recipe that uses flaxseed meal. I'll be curious to see how the KAF keto flour works and tastes.

I bought a loaf of Dave's killer seed bread, fairly small loaf and sliced thin, so it is only 13 carbs/slice, which means we could probably have one slice a day and not carb out. Our goal is to always be under 100 carbs but preferably around 50/day, some keto diet sources recommend 25-30 carbs/day, but that's pretty extreme and they tend to be health fanatics.

Viewing 4 posts - 16 through 19 (of 19 total)
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.