The Baking Circle is gone, in part

Home Forums Member News The Baking Circle is gone, in part

Viewing 14 posts - 31 through 44 (of 44 total)
  • Author
    Mike Nolan
    Keymaster

OK, I created a new forum titled "Threads Saved from the KAF Baking Circle".

S_Wirth
      Participant

I think we need a category/forum for the BC members' saved recipes. This is a huge amount of space. Mike, when you posted all of your recipes here it was all we could see on the right-hand side for a long time and if we put all of the recipes we all have saved it will be a long time before we can see any new kinds of posts on the right-hand side.

Mike Nolan
        Keymaster

This is a replacement to my earlier reply, since the situation has changed.

One of the plugin tools I'm using has been updated and it now gives me the ability to exclude a category from the 'recent posts' list, so the recent posts list in the sidebar now ONLY shows the categories other than recipes, and I've added a separate list of recent recipes (and replies to them.)

So you can upload recipes from the old BC to the recipes category without them drowning out the discussion.

The top menu item still shows all forums, so I renamed it to 'Latest Goodies'.

• This reply was modified 7 years, 10 months ago by htfoot.
          • This reply was modified 7 years, 10 months ago by htfoot.
          S_Wirth
          Participant

That sounds great, Mike. I think that will be much better!

Mike Nolan
            Keymaster

I could also set up a separate index for the 'Threads Saved from the BC' forum, at least temporarily, but let's see if that proves necessary.

I'm also thinking about possibly moving the recipes index to the bottom of the page (at least for a while), and increasing the number of recent entries it shows.

cwcdesign
              Participant

Mike, I need to edit the threads I saved. Are we to post all the comments as well? I think that's part of what makes them worthwhile. We can also probably add tags for those that veered off-topic

Mike Nolan
                Keymaster

I didn't save and post the comments on my recipes, but I don't mind if people do that. It's a bit more work, but I'd suggest posting the recipe in one post and the comments in a second post, so that when I eventually get something set up to format recipes for printing nicely, I can offer to print them with and without comments. (BTW, in my testing it looks like Chrome does a good job stripping out the boilerplate stuff on posted recipes, much better than IE or Firefox.)

As far as the saved threads are concerned, the comments are an important part of the thread.

Mike Nolan
                  Keymaster

My, Sarah has been a very busy beaver today posting recipes!

S_Wirth
                    Participant

Yes, and she put a thread under Recipes...I was going cross-eyed doing this and the thread posts were in with Word recipes and I thought they were Recipes.

Mike Nolan
                      Keymaster

I kind of wondered about that one. I moved it over to the BC threads forum.

Mike Nolan
                        Keymaster

I think you uploaded Kimbob's blueberry crumb cake recipe twice. As much as you uploaded today, I'm not surprised one got duplicated!

Thanks for your superhuman efforts.

S_Wirth
                          Participant

I don't know how that happened but it showed up twice. I tried to delete one of them but didn't know how. They were both the exact same time so could not figure it out. A few days ago, when I posted I didn't think the post went so I hit submit again and got an Error...Slow down, we deleted the duplicate post...but that did not happen last night and I only did it once.

Mike Nolan
                            Keymaster

Yeah, I get some kind of access error every now and then, too, and I'm 'local' to the server so that shouldn't happen. Anyway, I deleted the dup.

rottiedogs
                              Participant

Wonky - I did some searching in all the recipes and threads I saved looking for your recipes. I posted two threads that talk about your Amish White Bread and a recipe for Soft Honey Buns. Those are the only things I have.

I did a google search and found a cached version of your personal page at the BC. There were no recipes posted there. If you had member recipes in your personal recipe box we wouldn't have been able to save them because we wouldn't have access to them.

If you can tell me what you had saved there is a good chance that between all of us that saved recipes we can recreate it for you. I have over 2000 files saved from the BC. I'm hoping what you had is among them. Please let me know and I will post them and/or send them to you.

Viewing 14 posts - 31 through 44 (of 44 total)
                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.