The Baking Circle is gone, in part

Home Forums Member News The Baking Circle is gone, in part

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 44 total)
  • Author
    S_Wirth
    Participant

They finally took down the Baking Circle about 3:P today. This is what one gets now:

http://www.kingarthurflour.com/community/

Spread the word
      • This topic was modified 7 years, 10 months ago by S_Wirth.
      BakerAunt
      Participant

I noticed that on the KAF site. The community page, however, was still coming up from my bookmark earlier today, and I was even able to go to the discussions, where some poor person had posted a sourdough question that Gina was able to answer. That may be the final post. I just tried going there, and it was going in and out.

I'm not impressed with what KAF is now calling "community." My sense is that they now control most of the "conversation." Some of the responses on baking questions these last months always seemed to carry the "we know better than you" tone.

S_Wirth
        Participant

I had an email from a BC friend needing a clam chowder recipe, She is not at home and does not want to eat data on cell phone to go to the BC. I had been going there several times today just to see if it was still up. It worked this morning and this afternoon I was able to get a link for her recipe but when I clicked the link it gave me an error. In just a bit, I began getting the above page for Community. This friend and I had been laughing when I told her maybe they did not know how to pull the plug as they left it up several more days than the 2nd date given. And they failed to take it down back on 2/1/2011.

Mike Nolan
          Keymaster

My guess is that their web developers missed their target date twice.

BakerAunt
            Participant

I just went in again from my bookmark. Perhaps taking it down is more of a challenge than they thought.

S_Wirth
              Participant

My bookmark worked just now but if I do a Google for bakingcircle.com it won't bring up what we have had. And the link still does not work for the clam chowder recipe. Maybe it is dying in stages.

cwcdesign
                Participant

I just checked out of curiosity. I hit the refresh button and it still showed me logged in. Sarah, what's the link to the recipe? Maybe I can get it . . .

S_Wirth
                  Participant
                    Mike Nolan
                    Keymaster

Although the site says it is 'on vacation', I think I was able to find the recipe at a slightly different URL:
                      http://www.weirdstuffwemake.com/sweetwatergems/food/clamchowder.html

• This reply was modified 7 years, 10 months ago by Mike Nolan.
                      • This reply was modified 7 years, 10 months ago by Mike Nolan.
                      S_Wirth
                      Participant

Thanks, Mike...I sent it to her. She didn't mention bacon but did say canned clams and canned clam juice and potatoes so hope it helps her.

S_Wirth
                        Participant

Yay, she said thanks...this is just what I need!

buttercup
                          Participant

I just went to the KA site and it's still up.

BakerAunt
                            Participant

Cwcdesign reported on the other site that it is now gone for good. I went in through my bookmark, and now all that shows is the new KAF "community" page, which is community the way a large city does community, not the way a small town does. I will be removing that bookmark from my list of favorites. I'll go to the KAF site, but never to the "community" section.

cwcdesign
                              Participant

I think the hardest part was deleting the bookmark . . .

Rascals1
                                Participant

I've just felt kind of lost, haven't wanted to bake a thing.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 44 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.