Still Posting at Baking Circle

Home Forums General Discussions Still Posting at Baking Circle

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    BakerAunt
    Participant

I was going to stop posting the weekly baking and cooking threads at Zen's Baking Circle Site at the end of 2016. However, Kid Pizza posted a desire for the site to continue, and I noted that a new member had been added (which has not happened for a long time). So, I will continue posting the weekly threads over there as well, and I will try to post some other discussions. I would hope for a lot of cross traffic between the two sites. Let's see what develops.

Spread the word
      Mike Nolan
      Keymaster

I appreciate your efforts to keep Zen's site going, I check it periodically but haven't posted there in a few months.

The My Nebraska Kitchen site is slowly gaining real subscribers, though most of them aren't posting yet. We're getting more spammers as well, most of them coming from Poland it appears. I deleted another spam post this morning and another half-dozen suspicious-looking new subscribers, all from Poland, as I recall.

We've got a few people from the old KAF BC who joined here when it first launched but haven't been active, including people like Paddy L. I'm thinking of doing a bulk mailing to all subscribers to see if I can nudge some of them from lurkers to posters.

BakerAunt
        Participant

I think that a bulk mailing to subscribers is a good idea.

Pyewacket
          Participant

Sorry guys. I am not reliable. I was doing well when I started that and thought I could keep up but such has not been the case. I was kind of hoping it would trot along on its own regardless of my current state of being but apparently not.

I have pretty much kept up with the registrations. The last one took me a couple of weeks but by and large I get 'em up there right away.

The issue had been that it was constantly crashing. There was nothing I could do about that. It was an issue having to do with a recently installed update that apparently took them quite some time to get a handle on. Hopefully that's stopped - at least I've not heard about any problems for quite some time and its always up when I load it.

BakerAunt, may I e-mail you privately? My son just got a job teaching where you work. I've got your work e-mail, if that's ok. So you're not too creeped out - I told Mrs. Cindy about my son's new job and our upcoming move to your neck of the woods, and she shared with me that you live and work where we are headed, LOL!

BakerAunt
            Participant

Hi, Pyewacket. By all means e-mail me.

When will you be arriving? My husband and I are actually planning to retire after the spring semester, at which time we will be moving to Indiana permanently. I hope that we will have a chance to meet up.

BTW, I've always been able to get into The Baking Circle. I've had to sign in again occasionally, but that also happens at this site.

luvpyrpom
              Participant

I will continue to post on Zen's site too. I just have to log in each time I want to post but I have to do that here, too.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.