Reduce sugar consumption by eating more of it–at first

Home Forums General Discussions Reduce sugar consumption by eating more of it–at first

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Mike Nolan
    Keymaster

Interesting article on how to cut sugars in your diet over time. (BTW, it doesn't work as well with kids.)

https://www.wsj.com/health/wellness/trick-yourself-into-eating-less-sugar-0bc12a18?st=czfd76kb2uaw0rq&reflink=desktopwebshare_permalink

Spread the word
      Joan Simpson
      Participant

I've cut way back but still eat some pie or what ever I want just in moderation.I'm down 33 pounds yay me.

BakerAunt
        Participant

Congratulations, Joan!

Finding ways to reduce some sugar seems to me to work better than trying to omit it. I cut down on sugar in my tea from 1 tsp. to 1/4 tsp., and these days, I enjoy it without sugar, although I admit to having a cookie with it. Part of cutting it from tea (I never put it in coffee) was drinking a better quality of tea.

I find a lot of recipes are too sweet for me, so I often cut back the sugar and do not miss it.

I roll my eyes when dieticians or nutritionists say that a piece of fruit can be equally satisfying. No. I like fruit, but it does not replace cake, quick breads, cookies, or candy. It is good to see an article such as this one that does not repeat that nonsense.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.