Recipes uploaded from the BC, by original poster

Home Forums General Discussions Recipes uploaded from the BC, by original poster

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 93 total)
  • Author
    BakerAunt
    Participant

I uploaded cwcdesigns recipes this morning. I am working on frick's. Outside, it's the fourth day of temperatures of 100 or higher, so air conditioning and iced tea while transferring recipes seems like a good way to spend the day. (I did bake some rolls as well.)

We have passed 1400 recipes now. I think that we do have some doubles, since people sometimes posted other people's recipes among theirs--always giving credit to the original poster--sometimes because the recipe was in a thread, and they wanted it found easily, or sometimes because it was from the OBC, and they worried that it would be lost since the o.p. was no longer active. I don't know of any way of sorting that out, and some of the comments are different, and there are usually some tweaks.

Note: Frick's recipes have now been uploaded: all 76 pages! That should bump up our overall number of recipes rather nicely.

• This reply was modified 7 years, 10 months ago by BakerAunt.
      rottiedogs
      Participant

I posted annabelle lairs pan cubano recipe. I was able to get the picture at the bottom of the post but I wasn't able to get it at the top where I really wanted it. I have the picture on shutterfly so it should insert at the top. I used the img button and all that comes out is text not the actual picture. I must have something set wrong at shutterfly because it should work. I'll keep trying.

BakerAunt
        Participant

Well, at least you got the picture in.

This does give us a duplicate on the recipe. If you are able to get the pictures in, maybe Mike can delete the ones without the pictures? I think that almost all her recipes have pictures.

Mike Nolan
          Keymaster

Looking at the Cubano recipe, I see what looks like 2 attachments that may be identical, with one of them apparently 'inserted' into the text.

However, attachments ALWAYS go at the bottom of the page, and the attachment bbcode was also at the end of the text. I tried moving it up in the text, and now the graphic appears toward the top.

Otherwise, if you want to have a graphic in the middle or top of the text, you need to use the 'img' bbcode tag, which requires that you have the graphic stored somewhere on the net.

The options available under BBPress aren't always what I'd really want or obvious to use properly, but they'll have to do for now.

• This reply was modified 7 years, 10 months ago by htfoot.
            rottiedogs
            Participant

Halleluiah! All of annabelles lairs recipes that had pictures are now posted with pictures.

Thanks Mike for the tip about moving the script. It was a 1000 times easier to load the attachment and insert to content and move the script to the top than to continue trying to make shutterfly work with the img code. Still not sure why I can't make that work but that's a problem for another day.

BakerAunt
              Participant

Great work, Rottiedogs!

BakerAunt
                Participant

I have started on grizzlybiscuit's recipes. Before putting them on this site, I've deleted some weird formatting that occurs in some of the former BC recipes. I also find that his recipes need some help with punctuation in order for the directions to be clear to someone who comes to this site in search of recipes. I've tried to make such changes for clarity. If any of you read them over and find a problem, please let me know, and I will edit it.

Update: I have uploaded all of grizzlybiscuit's recipes. The last two entries were tutorials, so I put them under BC threads. If they should be elsewhere, let me know.

We are now over 1500 recipes. I'm confident that we will have at least 2000 from the BC before we are done.

BakerAunt
                  Participant

We are getting ready to travel, so I will need to take a few days' break from uploading recipes.

I have David Lee's recipes (under dvdlee). From what I can tell, they have not been uploaded yet. When I resume uploading recipes on Friday or Saturday, I will start on his. There are so many that I actually saved them in two parts.

Mike Nolan
                    Keymaster

Thanks again for your efforts, and safe travels.

We should try to get David Lee's biscuit recipe in the recipes area here, it was never in the 'recipes' section on the KAF BC. It was in a thread that I think Sarah Wirth has.

BakerAunt
                      Participant

It is posted in Zen's recipes as well. I have a printed out copy of the recipe from Sarah's thread, so I will include it.

rottiedogs
                        Participant

All of brianjwood's recipes are now posted. Whew! I will start on dvdlee tomorrow morning.

Mike Nolan
                          Keymaster

That was a big block of them, wasn't it! We're over 1670 recipes now.

rottiedogs
                            Participant

289 recipes for brianjwood. dvdlee is another 103. I'll be starting those in the morning. We are getting there!

omaria
                              Participant

Rottiedogs, I already thanked you for posting the Rijsttafel recipes from Brian. You are doing a BIG BIG job. with putting all the recipes here. Thank you again.

BakerAunt
                                Participant

Hello, Everyone,

We finally got internet access five minutes ago. It turns out that ATT is no longer supporting DSL in this area but is not allowed to do broadband here. (Apparently, companies here have territories assigned to them.) Four calls to ATT did not tell us this--and yes, they continued to charge for the non-existent DSL. We finally found out from someone at the ATT phone store who was honest about the issues. So, we have divorced ATT for internet and married a new ISP for the Indiana home. I see that Rottiedogs is doing David Lee's recipes, so I will need to look and see whose I still have to add. First, however, I will need to get caught up with work e-mail, and read the new posts here. And my husband wants his turn on the computer.

It's good to be back. I've really missed everyone. I look forward to posting the new baking and cooking threads later this evening.

BakerAunt

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 93 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.