Parchment Paper Question

Home Forums General Discussions Parchment Paper Question

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    BakerAunt
    Participant

I saw that Bakers Authority (yes, another offer) has "pan liners":

Would these be the same as parchment paper? I'd like to find some large liners for my large baking sheets, and I think these would be less expensive than buying the Reynolds parchment in rolls.

Spread the word
      chocomouse
      Participant

It says they are one use -- I suspect they could be used more than once, like for cookies, scones, etc. just as parchment can be reused? You probably would not want to re-use it if it had "collected grease", as is mentioned. Re-use would make it more affordable.

aaronatthedoublef
        Participant

Looks like parchment but hard to know without more information. I do reuse parchment sometimes. The box itself will be less than rolls of parchment but shipping may eat up any savings. The cheapest option to my company's office in suburban Indianapolis is $12.06. To my house - which is about two hours away - it is actually more expensive - $12.44!

Mike Nolan
          Keymaster

These appear to be Quilon sheets, which technically aren't parchment but are what many commercial bakers use. I have a box of them, they brown a little faster than parchment does and I seldom even try to reuse one.

See Quilon sheets

BakerAunt
            Participant

Thank you, everyone. Clearly, these will not be what I need.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.