Nutritional Content…

Home Forums General Discussions Nutritional Content…

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    aaronatthedoublef
    Participant

Hi,

Is there an easy way to determine the nutritional of a recipe? Is there something out there that will allow me to put in a recipe and spit out calories, carbs, sugars, etc...

Thanks

Spread the word
      Mike Nolan
      Keymaster

My wife uses http://myfitnesspal.com, which she thinks is still free. There's a 'premium' mode but I don't know what advantages it offers that would make it worth $10 a month or $50 a year.

We've put a number of recipes in, but the place to start a new recipe is not obvious, and she winds up searching for it half the time.

She used to use the one at Weightwatchers.com, but they've fiddled with their point system so much that we find their information useless these days, and I always thought it was poorly designed and difficult to use.

I used to use the one on about.com, but stopped using it because their food dictionary had too many errors in it. I'm not sure it's even there any more, if I search on 'nutritional analysis' at about.com I get links to a half dozen or so other recipe analyzers, but not theirs.

If you google 'recipe analysis' there are a bunch of them out there, but I can only comment about the ones we've had experience with.

aaronatthedoublef
        Participant

Thanks Mike. Appreciate it. Gives me a good place to start. And some places to stay away from!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.