Maryland Sheep and Wool and other festivals

Home Forums General Discussions Maryland Sheep and Wool and other festivals

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    skeptic7
    Participant

Its nearly time for the Maryland Sheep and Wool festival. I've stayed away from most gatherings since early 2019 but I plan to go to this one. I plan to wear a mask and try to stay outdoors as much as possible. Its held in the County Fairgrounds and most vendors are in tents and animal buildings so the ventilation should be good. Chocomouse will you be there?
      Does anyone else plan on attending largish gatherings.

Spread the word
      chocomouse
      Participant

YES!! We are so excited, leaving here Wednesday the 4th. We are in the Main Building, booth A12, right next to the side door to the outside stage, so we should have pretty good (for that building!) air circulation. That is across the aisle from where we had been for years, until our last festival in 2019. I got my second booster a couple days ago, and plan to wear a mask, at least part of the time, since 8:00 a.m.-6:00 p.m. is a long time to have on a mask

BakerAunt
        Participant

That festival sounds great.

My husband and I did drive to Colorado Springs and back early this month to attend my younger stepson's wedding. We attended the rehearsal dinner, with about 40 people in a medium-sized room. The wedding was an enclosed space with a number of people present. One or two wore masks. We decided not to do so, trusting in our vaccinations and single boosters, although I was right at the six-month mark. It has now been nearly three weeks, and we have stayed well.

I will probably go ahead and get the second booster before the end of this month. From the news reports, vaccinated people still do get sick, but rarely is it serious. I am still carefully choosing which gatherings I attend.

Mike Nolan
          Keymaster

We got our 2nd round of booster shots a few days ago, my wife had a mild fever the next day but seems to be OK now.

chocomouse
            Participant

I was quite sick after my first booster, 2 days in bed, but for this second booster I have just a sore upper arm. My husband just came home from several days in the ER and hospital, not Covid (had to have 2 different tests, both negative before they would admit him). I work for my sister's business, Ellen's Halfpintfarm - she hand dyes fine yarns and sells them along with fiber arts accessories. I need to stay healthy so I can help her. We'll be at MD, then NH, and ME in June for festivals, so I need to stay healthy.

kimbob
              Participant

Chocomouse, I'll have to stop by Ellen's booth at the Rhinebeck sheep and wool. I see her listed in the 2021 festival program. I go every year and luckily it's 15 minutes from my house.

chocomouse
                Participant

Kimbob, please do stop by, we'd love to meet you! Ellen's been going there for many years, and it is my favorite festival of all. We're in Barn 26, although we've heard rumors they may shut down that barn.

kimbob
                  Participant

I'll find you! 😊 I head up the hill first thing as the bldgs are so crowded.

skeptic7
                    Participant

Chocomouse, I will be driving from Lexington, Ky to Virginia on Friday and then I'll be at Maryland Sheep and Wool on Saturday and Sunday. So I'll see you there.
                      Kimbob; Didn't realize you were near the DC area too.

kimbob
                      Participant

No, I'm close to the Rhinebeck sheep and wool fest in NY which is in October.

aaronatthedoublef
                        Participant

When and where is the NH festival?

Rhinebeck NY might be good too.

chocomouse
                          Participant

The NH Sheep and Wool Festival is at the fairgrounds in Deerfield, which is about 30 minutes east of Manchester. It is Sat and Sun, May 14 and 15, the weekend after Maryland Sheep and Wool. The NH festival has about 100 vendors, whereas MD has almost 400. In addition to yarn, a huge variety of agricultural related goods are sold - food such as honey, lamb (and there are food trucks and traditional 'fair food'), equipment and tools for spinning and weaving, pottery, jewelry, clothing, sheep, alpacas, llamas, goats (and spring babies), and more. There are also usually a petting zoo, sheep shearing, herding demonstrations, etc. My favorite thing at the NH show is the food truck Moon and Stars, selling delicious arepas! It's a great way for a family to spend the day!

skeptic7
                            Participant

I saw chocomouse yesterday. Unhappily my ankle started aching as I walked around so I won't be seeing her today. Her booth was nicely busy so couldn't do more than say hello. It was very cold and wet so most people crowded into the barns to shop and look around. Not as crowded as precovid days but a decent size crowd.

chocomouse
                              Participant

Skeptic, it was nice to have a brief chat with you; so glad your father is doing well! I wondered what happened that you didn't come back to visit more, sorry about your ankle and hope it is better by now. Sunday afternoon we got the crowds! After three days of heavy rain and in spite of the mud, folks were happy to get out of the house and visit the festival. We'll see you next year!

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.