Kitchenaid Stand Mixer

Home Forums General Discussions Kitchenaid Stand Mixer

Viewing 5 posts - 16 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Author
    Italiancook
    Participant

I've given up on reaching Kitchenaid for a few weeks. The wait is too long, and a couple of days ago, I was told the hold time would be 13 minutes and after a long wait was told it'd be over 20 minutes. Not blaming Kitchenaid, just stating a fact. I admire that they are even trying to operate customer service. Really, it's admirable that companies and employees are trying to work through this. I know from a relative that working at home with children out of school is difficult. Anyhow . . .

. . . . I pulled out the instruction booklet. Good thing I did. I thought the screw to adjust the height was under the end cap, but that's for attachments. The screw is found by lifting the head. Unfortunately, booklet doesn't include the instruction about the role of the dime in adjusting the mixer. A customer service person told me about 2 years ago, but I don't recall. Does anyone know -- is the beater supposed to clear the dime so the dime doesn't move, or is the beater to move the dime?

Mike Nolan
      Keymaster

Here's a link to a video of the dime test:

dime test video

aaronatthedoublef
        Participant

COOL! Now I need to test my mixer.

Italiancook
          Participant

Thanks, Mike, for going to the effort to find the Kitchenaid video. It didn't mention a disclaimer that's in the instruction manual of my Artisan KA stand mixer. Page 8 says:

"If you overadjust the screw, the bowl lock lever may not lock in place."

I don't know if this applies to all their mixers or just the Artisan.

Mike Nolan
            Keymaster

I think that's true of all the tilt-head models. I assume there's some kind of adjustment mechanism for the bowl-lift models as well.

I assume if you have one of the bowl-scraper beaters (I do not), the dime is likely to move a lot more, so you probably need to set the height using the regular beater.

Viewing 5 posts - 16 through 20 (of 20 total)
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.