KAF Free Shipping Selected Parchment

Home Forums General Discussions KAF Free Shipping Selected Parchment

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Italiancook
    Participant

The offer goes through tomorrow (11-13-16). KAF has free shipping on selected parchment. I called them to find out if the parchment I buy is covered by this offer. It is. I use the half sheet, pre-cut parchment.

Spread the word
      • This topic was modified 7 years, 5 months ago by Italiancook.
      • This topic was modified 7 years, 5 months ago by Italiancook.
      aaronatthedoublef
      Participant

Their parchment is pretty expensive. If you live near a restaurant supply store it is worth checking to see. It comes in whole sheets not half sheets but a box by me costs between $35-$40 and will last forever (or until your basement floods). I was on the same box for 12 years until the basement flooded and soaked it.

It comes out to about $0.08 a sheet or $0.04 a half sheet.

Italiancook
        Participant

Thanks for the tip, aaaron. I'll check that out next time I need parchment, although a package of 100 will last me a long time. I don't bake cookies often, and that's the only thing for which I use parchment. I'm sorry to hear that you had a basement flood. That's one of a homeowner's nightmares.

BakerAunt
          Participant

To cut costs, I re-use parchment when I can. For the cookies I baked this weekend, I scraped off any crumbs, and I will reuse the parchment for other cookies or scones. It only works for recipes that do not have a heavy amount of fat.

Be sure to check the heat rating on whatever parchment you buy. Some are not suitable for higher temperatures.

navlys
            Participant

I bought my latest supply of parchment paper from Costco. It is oven safe to 420*. Since I had to buy 2 boxes (205 sq ft each) I think I'm set for life. (as far as parchment paper goes,that is.)

Joan Simpson
              Participant

BakerAunt I reuse my parchment also never had a problem.I take a paper towel and wipe away anything like crumbs and reuse.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.