Julie Powell has died

Home Forums General Discussions Julie Powell has died

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Mike Nolan
    Keymaster

Julie Powell, who blogged her way through making all the recipes in volume 1 of Mastering the Art of French Cooking, which led to a book, a movie and a career as a food writer, has died. She was 49.

Spread the word
      skeptic7
      Participant

I was so impressed when I first heard about her, going through that cook book to learn everything instead of cherry picking interesting recipes. I'm sorry to hear that she is dead.

BakerAunt
        Participant

Her book is in my "to be read" stack. It's sad that she died at the young age of 49.

Mike Nolan
          Keymaster

Her original blog posts during the year she was cooking from the book are still up the last time I looked, they've been reorganized a little. Warning, the blog posts have a lot of F-bombs. (I think she cleaned it up a lot for the book.)

navlys
            Participant

I give her kudos for attempting all those recipes.

Mike Nolan
              Keymaster

The Washington Post has a story today on Julie Powell and how she was one of the persons who revolutionized food writing.

Nearly all food bloggers, including me, are in many ways following in her footsteps, though preferably without the f-bombs.

Although the cause of death was listed as cardiac failure, she appears to have been a long Covid casualty.

Here's a link to the story:
                https://wapo.st/3zJre5H

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.