Jozy’s cookies revisited

Home Forums Requests Jozy’s cookies revisited

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • Author
    navlys
    Participant

This is my story. About 20+ years ago I purchased a large chocolate chip cookie at the Philadelphia Flower Show. It was thick and crunchy (maybe dry) and I fell in love. I tried to duplicate it to no avail. Then one day on the old BC I came across Jozy's cc recipe. I tried it and holy smokes I found the golden grail (ok a little dramatic) ! I have misplaced the recipe because I was relying on the BC to be around forever. As you may notice or not I am obsessed with finding this recipe. Can anyone help this crazed lady?

Spread the word
      Mike Nolan
      Keymaster

I thought all the recipes that people had saved had already been uploaded.

Someone once said that Zen had captured the entire recipe file, if so, perhaps she can send it to me and I can see if there's a way to determine which recipes have been posted and which have not. (I dropped her an email about this.)

Of course, if it was a recipe posted in a thread rather than in the KAF recipe section, it may be lost.

I don't trust anything on the web to be there indefinitely. It's one reason why I prefer books and paper recipes. Those can get lost or destroyed, too, of course. And some day my kids will have to sort through my collection of several hundred cookbooks and who knows how many printed out recipes and decide what to do with them.

• This reply was modified 6 years, 10 months ago by Mike Nolan.
        • This reply was modified 6 years, 10 months ago by htfoot.
        S_Wirth
        Participant

I'm sure Jozy will help you one of these days. She and her husband have been at their cabin for some much needed R & R. I talked to her a while back as she'd sent me a birthday card and I thanked her. I know she hates to visit with anyone while on Whidbey Island as it eats her cell phone service up. She told me she'd fill me in on her husband's cancer treatment progress when she got back home to her desktop and I have not heard from her yet. She has no internet service at the island, just her cell phone. Cancer treatments are rough on everyone and they needed to get away...she said the getaway had really been good for her husband.

S_Wirth
          Participant

There are still several BCer's recipes that are not here yet, as well as several threads full of recipes.

Mike Nolan
            Keymaster

There were hundreds if not thousands of recipes that were only in threads, many were lost when the old BC was transformed into the new BC without transferring the existing contents over, others were lost when KAF shut down the new BC a year ago. There may still be some recipes and threads that were saved by someone but have not been uploaded here yet, but that activity has slowed way down from last summer, so I assume we have the bulk of what was saved.

navlys
              Participant

Hey!

Guess what I found in my saved recipes??? Yup Jozy's cc recipe! It is unconventional in that it calls for shortening and canola oil and cream of tartar which is probably why no one saved it. Anyway in looking online I did find some interesting cc recipes ie. calling for cornstarch and cake flour!?
                So now I am a happy camper and if anyone wants the recipe let me know and thank you for chiming in.

Mike Nolan
                Keymaster

Please post it to our recipes section, so the next person who wants it can find it.

rottiedogs
                  Participant

All the recipes I saved have been posted. I have lots of threads I haven't been able to work on since I got tendonitis in my wrist. I had to stop any activity that would aggravate it except for the most necessary and it has been a pain. I am slowly getting back in the swing of the things and I hope to be able to start posting the threads soon.

Zen did save the entire recipe collection, I believe in html format.

Mike Nolan
                    Keymaster

I don't think she ever made it available on her site, though, and the traffic there is way down. We've got a loyal core of users but lost a lot of people who never came over from KAF, and aren't getting a lot of new users. I just hope the anti-spam stuff isn't keeping people away.

BakerAunt
                      Participant

I think that Cwcdesign said that Zen had saved the recipes but in a format that stripped off the original poster.

I had actually eased up on saving recipes near the end, because I thought that Zen had all the recipes. I think that I've posted everything that I had saved. As soon as we complete our move in mid-July, I'll look again to see if I missed anything.

I stopped posting on Zen's site since people rarely posted back. I did post about Mrs. Cindy, and a couple of people thanked me for doing so.

Nebraska Kitchen does come up on the google search for the Chocolate Kahlua Walnut Tart. 🙂

Mike, are there some ways that we can work to create buzz for the site?

Mike Nolan
                        Keymaster

I did hear from Zen over the weekend, and I sent her information on how to send me the HTML files she captured from the KAFBC. It'll take some tweaking to format them and check for duplications.

Jozy
                          Participant

I finally got back here after a long absence ... I do have many old BC recipes

I do get busy as DH has cancer. Time consuming at times.

Jozy

Joan Simpson
                            Participant

Prayers for you Jozy and DH good to see a post from you!

Jozy
                              Participant

Hard to know how to respond so hope this works !

Thank you Joan, I appreciate your prayers
                                jozy`

S_Wirth
                                Participant

Hi Jozy! Nice to see you here...I emailed you a bit ago. We're keeping you guys in our prayers.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.