jet.com bought by Walmart

Home Forums General Discussions jet.com bought by Walmart

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    BakerAunt
    Participant

I saw this morning that Walmart is buying jet.com., a place from which Sarah (swirth) ordered and from which she received good service and discounts.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/money/companies/walmart-to-buy-jetcom-for-dollar3-billion/ar-BBvncOj?li=BBnb7Kz&ocid=UE01DHP

Clearly Walmart saw a business rival/opportunity and jumped on it.

Spread the word
      • This topic was modified 7 years, 9 months ago by BakerAunt.
      Mike Nolan
      Keymaster

The take that CNBC had on this story today was that WalMart, which is lagging well behind Amazon, bought a business with a better model, better software and better managers.

S_Wirth
        Participant

Back on the day of this post, I read a lot about the deal. Wal-Mart said they'd keep jet.com as a separate business for which I am very grateful. What a deal for the jet.com owner...he is to stay on for quite awhile to assist WalMart on his set-up. Free shipping with $ 35.00 order and 2 day shipping. They have always done a great job with my orders. Every now and then, jet.com has a 20% or 25% off on 500 or so name brand items. I just hope WalMart does not mess any of this up. My orders have come from NV and KS and by FedEx, usually. A camera came by UPS and a small pkg. came by USPS.

cwcdesign
          Participant

Sarah, this company came to my attention in an email from American Express. I don't tend to shop in bulk much anymore, but it made.me think of you. The prices look similar to Costco and Target on sale. Free shipping on first order and any order over $50/2 day delivery. Also something about 1% cash back

https://www.boxed.com/why-shop-boxed/

I'm curious what you think

S_Wirth
            Participant

Carol...I went to this site and looked at several things. The Home page says free shipping first order and with $ 65.00 order after that. I would not want to have to get a $ 65.00 order for free shipping.

The sizes of the products are too big for just the two of us. I think the Nutella was (2) 33.5 oz for whatever price...that is way too big for us to have around. The 13 oz. gets us in trouble, LOL!

I saw 35 oz boxes of cereals. Again, way too big for us. Our weather is so humid that I have to re-bag any cereals or crackers to keep them from going soggy.

I did not find the 28 oz Jif that I buy but I might not have looked long enough.

I think for a family with lots of kids, this would save some $$$ over regular grocery store prices and save the hassle of running here and there shopping.

We used to have a Target less than 20 miles away but they closed it and opened two SuperTargets 70 miles one way from us. I think a Costco is a three hour drive for us.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.