Happy Mother’s Day

Home Forums General Discussions Happy Mother’s Day

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    aaronatthedoublef
    Participant

Happy Mother's Day to all the moms here. Are you baking today or is someone baking for you?

Spread the word
      Joan Simpson
      Participant

Thanks Aaron,if any baking gets done here it will be me.

Happy Mother's Day to all,if you still have a mother on this earth you're blessed,my mom's been gone 27 years and I still miss her.

skeptic7
        Participant

I just did another cheese pizza and will be baking chocolate donuts later today. I started the dough for the donuts yesterday, but it was lumpy. This is a yeasted donut recipe I found on the web and was adapting a bit. I had mixed most of the dough together when I realized I had forgotten the sugar. I hastily mixed it in as best I could but the dough turned out very lumpy and the lumps could not be kneaded out. I refrigerated the dough overnight, and then let it warm up and started kneading away and when I finished kneading it the lumps were gone!!. The overnight wait seemed to have softened the hard spots. Now to roll the dough out and hope I can find my donut cutter.

• This reply was modified 4 years, 4 months ago by skeptic7.
          Mike Nolan
          Keymaster

My wife got some flowers from our older son, but our younger son probably doesn't even know what day it is. I'm doing the cooking and baking here, but that's the norm anyway.

Joan Simpson
            Participant

I got a call from our son and we talked for an hour and a half,just good old talking and old story telling.

RiversideLen
              Participant

Happy Mother's Day to all the Moms here!

Mike Nolan
                Keymaster

We did a video chat with our older son and his family for over an hour.

skeptic7
                  Participant

I finished baking my chocolate donuts. I couldn't find my donut cutter so I tried to form these as if they were bagels, forming a whole with my thumbs and then stretching them out. I tried to let them rise the whole afternoon, but the house was rather cold and they didn't rise much. I finally baked them in the evening for 20 minutes. They were small and misshappened poor things, the oven spring mainly obliverated the center hole. Not very sweet, darkly chocolate and with a fine texture. I was hoping for something more open.

I started with this recipe
                    http://www.everythingispoetry.com/2013/09/chocolate-baked-donuts.html

I used non fat milk, and 3 tablespoons of butter, 1 cup of whole wheat flour instead of 1 cup of white flour and some other changes. I'll have to try the plain yeast donuts some time before giving up on this.

BakerAunt
                    Participant

Almost ten years ago, I married a man with three children. Over the years, we have built relationships, and all three phoned to wish me a happy mother's day.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
                    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.