Free shipping at KAF

Home Forums General Discussions Free shipping at KAF

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    aaronatthedoublef
    Participant

Orders over $59.

Spread the word
      Mike Nolan
      Keymaster

I have trouble finding $59 worth of stuff I want from KAF these days.

I have the same trouble with Bob's Red Mill, where free shipping is commonplace if not standard on a $59 order, though not for orders that include 25 or 50 pound bags. The Bob's Red Mill site will let you download a $1 off coupon once a month, that may be enough to keep me going in semolina for the next few months. I've still got 2 bags of KAF pastry flour in the freezer, so I'm not in need of their pastry flour.

A local store had KAF AP on sale for $2.99 a bag lately, so I bought a few bags, but now that the sale is over I see they've raised the flour from $3.99 a bag to around $4.29 or about 85 cents/pound. WalMart and Target have the lowest prices for KAF flours locally still under $4 a pound.

Wheat prices have come down lately (see Wheat Prices Charts), they've been fluctuating around $5 a bushel for most of the last year but recently have dropped to around $4.29. I don't know that they'll drop down to the levels we saw in 2016, when wheat dropped below $4 a bushel. But since a bushel of wheat yields about 42 pounds of AP flour that means the farmer's share of the price of flour is about 10 cents/pound.

BakerAunt
        Participant

With Bob's Red Mill, I try to wait for a discount. It is possible to get a case with four 5-pound bags of their Artisan Bread flour, which last time came out cheaper than buying the KAF bread flour at the store. I can't find BRM flours easily. The local store has a few. The Kroger in the larger town north of us has a decent selection, but no BRM bread flour. Now that I'm eating steel-cut oats for breakfast almost every morning, I go through those quickly, and I can only get the large bags when I order, and I usually get a case.

Mike Nolan
          Keymaster

I can't get all the BRM products here, either, though we've got a dozen or so grocery stores in town.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.