Endless Shrimp Did Not Doom Red Lobster

Home Forums Restaurants and Books, news and reviews Endless Shrimp Did Not Doom Red Lobster

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    BakerAunt
    Participant
      Mike Nolan
      Keymaster

We stopped going to Red Lobster several years ago because they changed their recipes and their crab alfredo now had garlic in the sauce. Bleh!! (That should be a culinary felony!)

Other recipes changed as well.

I don't eat shrimp (I had a bad reaction to some shrimp creole 50 years ago and since then I just avoid it), which means their shrimp promotions were lost on me. And shrimp scampi has garlic in it (as did several other shrimp dishes) which means they were lost on Diane as well.

The location in Lincoln closed several years ago, and it was over a year before Diane even noticed. (It needed some serious remodeling/upgrades, as did many of their locations according to various articles on their bankruptcy.)

There really isn't a good seafood place in Lincoln these days unless you count the sushi places, and some of them aren't that great. The nearest Joe's Crab Shack is in Missouri and Legal Seafood just opened in Pittsburgh but nothing really close.

But if the restaurant industry had to depend on us, they'd all be out of business.

BakerAunt
        Participant

I think that I went to a Red Lobster once because someone had given my husband and me a gift card as part of a wedding gift. All I can remember is a dark setting and their being out of what I wanted to order. I do not recall the food.

navlys
          Participant

I think their biscuits were popular because you see that recipe on the internet.

Mike Nolan
            Keymaster

The biscuits were pretty good, a bit high on sodium and they had garlic in them so my wife couldn't eat them. I think I prefer the Brazilian cheese rolls I make, but they're pretty high in carbs so they're temporarily off the menu here.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.