Dusted Flour on Rolls or Bread

Home Forums Baking — Breads and Rolls Dusted Flour on Rolls or Bread

Viewing 7 posts - 16 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • Author
    Mike Nolan
    Keymaster

I see Zyliss basting brushes on Amazon, not sure if they're what you have, these seem geared towards barbecue. Next time I'm near a Le Creuset store, I plan to see if they still have that small brush (It was in a display by the register.)

Mike Nolan
      Keymaster

The one at King Arthur does not appear to have beads at the tip of each strand, which IMHO get in the way. I'll put it on my watch list for the next time I order from them, probably next year. (They usually have a $3.14 shipping offer for an order or $31.41 or more around Pi day.)

I'm wondering if I put my too-stiff boar bristle brushes in some boiling water if they'd loosen up. Worst that happens is they come apart and I have to throw them away, but I'm close to doing that anyway.

Joan Simpson
        Participant

I have an old brush that came with BBQ sauce I never used except for buttering bread or greasing the pans,it's has worn well.I have a couple paint brushes my husband got me one was a Corona and one was a Purdy they work well for me and when washed I store as Mike does up in a jar on the counter.I know they're not pastry brushes but they do the work.

Mike Nolan
          Keymaster

I would worry about the glue used to hold the bristles in on a paint brush, and possibly about the metal clasp. Neither may be food-safe, but maybe they don't touch the food enough to be a problem. They sure are a whole lot cheaper than pastry brushes, though.

Joan Simpson
            Participant

I've never stuck them to the metal and the bristles do not come out.

BakerAunt
              Participant

I looked at the Zyliss site and did not see anything like the one I bought. Perhaps they do not make it anymore? The bristles are all the same size, with no angle, and they are close together. Now I really wish that I had bought a second one. No other silicone brush I've had has worked as well.

BakerAunt
                Participant

This one by GIR is close, although mine has a removable head:

I also cannot tell from the pictures how thick the "bristles" are.

Viewing 7 posts - 16 through 22 (of 22 total)
                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.