Daily Quiz for March 28, 2019

Home Forums Followups to Daily Quizzes Daily Quiz for March 28, 2019

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Mike Nolan
    Keymaster

Today’s topic? What spice comes from the same plant that gives us the herb cilantro

[See the full post at: Daily Quiz for March 28, 2019]

Spread the word
      BakerAunt
      Participant

I actually got this one right. Question--without revealing the answer--do people for whom cilantro tastes like soap (genetic basis) also have difficulties with this herb?

Mike Nolan
        Keymaster

I wondered that as well, but didn't see anything directly answering the question when I searched.

My wife is one of those for whom cilantro tastes like soap, I am not. Our older son apparently got my genes on that, not hers.

The spice form (also not trying to give away the answer) is not one I use a lot, I don't know if my wife is willing to be a guinea pig for some testing.

Mike Nolan
          Keymaster

BTW, while researching this question, one source said that there are 3 plants that produce both an herb and a spice. The other two might show up in a quiz question some day. 🙂

RiversideLen
            Participant

I've been getting most of the questions right. As far as one of the other 2 plants also produce both herb and spice, I'm trying real hard not to give it away by making a joke....

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.