Daily Quiz for February 24, 2020

Home Forums Followups to Daily Quizzes Daily Quiz for February 24, 2020

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Mike Nolan
    Keymaster

True or false: Shrimp heads are safe to eat.

[See the full post at: Daily Quiz for February 24, 2020]

Spread the word
      navlys
      Participant

I remember buying shrimp from a street vendor and didn't realize that the shrimp had heads on them until he was bagging them. I walked away with the bag and and got close to my car when I thought "I can't do this". The vendor took them back and I felt like a coward but I just couldn't look those shrimp in the eyes.

skeptic7
        Participant

The first time I ran into a shrimp with heads and legs and tails, was when I was 9 or 10. I just looked at it and looked at it and decided to give it to my mother. This was at a Chinese Student Potluck in Iowa and was considered a rare treat -- it was hard to get any sort of fish much less whole shrimp.
          I know eat it quite happily but prefer if someone else has done the cooking.

Joan Simpson
          Participant

I knew this one.

BakerAunt
            Participant

I missed it. I do like shrimp, but I've never had it with the head and legs.

Mike Nolan
              Keymaster

I don't eat much shrimp because I had a bad reaction to some creole shrimp years ago. I can usually get away with a little shrimp if is is mixed in with other sea foods, but things like shrimp cocktail or fried shrimp (both of which I used to love) are out.

BakerAunt
                Participant

We had a job candidate once who told us that she had loved shrimp, but that having lived in a shrimping area, and having consumed so much of it, she apparently had eaten her lifetime allocation because she developed a serious reaction to it and could no longer eat it.

Another friend had that happen with tomatoes.

Mike Nolan
                  Keymaster

My younger son has developed an allergy to shellfish, and will sometimes react to things made with fish sauce, so he pretty much avoids fish dishes these days.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.