Cookbooks

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Italiancook
    Participant

Mike, you recommended Carol Fields "The Italian Baker." I received my copy. I bought the original, not her revised cookbook. I haven't had time to make anything from it, but really like there's a chapter on what to do with old bread. Hubby always freezes it then toasts it as he wants it.

While on Amazon, I also purchased "Southern Italian Desserts," by Rosetta Costantino. Now that chocolate is no longer a daily part of my life, I've been on the lookout for desserts that don't use chocolate. The blurb for this cookbook made me think it might meet my need.

Most of the Italian desserts I make are Northern Italy recipes. The only southern recipe I have is for cannoli. I thought it'd be fun to explore the lower part of that nation.

Spread the word
      Mike Nolan
      Keymaster

I bought my copy used, so we probably have the same edition.

The most recent cookbooks I've gotten are Kenji Lopez-Alt's book, The Food Lab, (which I'm about a third of the way through reading) and a book/DVD on meat-cutting. It's about time for my annual sort-through of cookbooks, getting ones back in the kitchen that I've taken to another room, usually to consult when writing something, and relegating to the downstairs library ones that aren't being actively used. I need more shelves for books in the kitchen, but am out of wall space.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.