computer

Home Forums General Discussions computer

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Rascals1
    Participant

does anyone store recipes on computer? how? I've been trying to put my recipes on the computer but making a mess cant find them easy then. Don't know if feeling bad all the time has anything to do with it or not.
      Looks like this site is doing well, don't remember last time I got to get on here.

Spread the word
      Mike Nolan
      Keymaster

Considering I've had a 40 year career in designing and building computerized information storage and retrieval systems, I prefer to keep my recipes on paper.

What I've learned from building this site is that the hard part about storing recipes on a computer is an indexing and searching system that makes it easy to find the specific recipe you're looking for. With nearly 1600 recipes uploaded here in our first two months, finding a given recipe is sometimes a bit challenging.

I wouldn't say either my site or Zen's is thriving, but between the two of them we do seem to be keeping at least a portion of the KAF BC community together. I need to spend more time promoting this site and building traffic, both things I hope to be able to spend more time on after I retire around the end of the year.

rottiedogs
        Participant

I have both. It took forever to set up the recipe file on my computer but now I have folders for categories and everything gets filed in its category. The key was to make the categories meaningful to me so I would know where to look.

There are some that I have paper only (four binders worth) and eventually I will scan them so I have them electronically too.

Rascals1
          Participant

Thank you for responding to Rascals post. I'm not sure if she will be able to get back on here when she gets home, even though I know how much she enjoys everyones posts. If she can't do I need to close out her participation some how?

Mike Nolan
            Keymaster

I don't think there's a way in WordPress for members to delete their logins, so I suggest you just not worry about it. We all hope she gets better enough to be able to get back online.

BakerAunt
              Participant

Please tell Rascals that we are thinking of her. I just posted a thread in which she helped me last year with blueberry pie filling.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.