Brod & Taylor ‘Sourdough Home’

Home Forums General Discussions Brod & Taylor ‘Sourdough Home’

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Mike Nolan
    Keymaster

Just got this from Brod & Taylor, it takes the sous vide concept in a different direction, it can hold something at a steady temperature from 41 degrees (F) to 122.

They're positioning it for sourdough but I think it might have potential for other things, as long as you don't need to process more than a quart. At $99 the price point is interesting, too. I wonder what mechanism it uses for cooling.

See https://brodandtaylor.com/collections/all/products/sourdough-home

Spread the word
      BakerAunt
      Participant

I'm not sure why she says in the video that storing the starter in the refrigerator is a problem. I just take it out in the morning for afternoon baking. I also do not understand the phrase "there are only so many recipes for sourdough discard," as she extolls this device as preventing waste. I wonder about its electrical usage.

I would pass on this device, but I still would like to know if their sheeter would work for crackers.

cwcdesign
        Participant

Will and I will pass on this. Not only does it use electricity, but also takes up counter space. What if you don't want to use it for several weeks? We like using discard -it sounds like she doesn't feed it.

cwcdesign
          Participant

We just thought of another thing - it would be feeding off of its own yeast and not take advantage of what's in the air around it. Sorry, I'm really tired and can't seem to put my thoughts together very well.

Mike Nolan
            Keymaster

I don't see why the Brod & Taylor sheeter wouldn't work for crackers, but they're not something I've made in a long time (and wasn't very successful with back then), so I don't have a go-to recipe I'm familiar with to test it on.

I've got a pretzel recipe I'm familiar with, I might try that and make pretzel crackers.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.