Anybody heard of the Cooklee brand of mixers?

Home Forums General Discussions Anybody heard of the Cooklee brand of mixers?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Mike Nolan
    Keymaster

A post came up on my iPhone yesterday for 'best mixer for cakes' and it was about the Cooklee mixer, a brand I had never heard of, so I looked it up.

It appears the company has been around for 18 years, not sure where they're made, most likely not in the USA, probably Asia.

Can't say I was impressed with what I found, one of their bigger tilt-lift style mixers has an 8.5 quart bowl and uses 800 watts, is rated for 2 KG (around 70 ounces) of bread dough and costs around $200 online.

One of the page (or maybe it was the manual) talks about the gears being made of copper. Odd choice.

Spread the word
      RiversideLen
      Participant

I had never heard of it. I checked it out on Amazon. You really get a lot for the money and that makes me wonder how they do it at that price. According to a Amazon reviewer, it's made in China. It has a lot of positive reviews, but I'm sure I trust them.

Mike Nolan
        Keymaster

I seldom read the reviews on Amazon, because I assume the really positive or negative ones are often fake.

RiversideLen
          Participant

Correction, I meant to say "I'm not sure I trust them". It's not possible fake reviews I'm thinking about but what kind of bakers are using it and how often. Almost any mixer will handle a cake mix but many of the cheaper ones falter with more serious tasks, like kneading dough.

BakerAunt
            Participant

If the review is detailed with lots of specific information, then it may be reliable.

I would not go for an off-brand of mixer as a mixer is THE most important countertop tool in the kitchen, and as Len states, needs to be able to handle a range of tasks for serious bakers.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.