Sat. Oct 10th, 2026

navlys

Forum Replies Created

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 649 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • in reply to: What are you Cooking the Week of July 27, 2025? #46934
    navlys
    Participant

      BA do you put your jam in a water bath?

      in reply to: Eating in Quebec City #46919
      navlys
      Participant

        I forgot we did have the smoked brisket. It was very tender and tasty. Found a great restaurant in Montreal where we had it!

        in reply to: What are you Cooking the Week of July 27, 2025? #46888
        navlys
        Participant

          I made:" Sauteed Chicken Breasts with Corn and Shallots" a NYT recipe that was originally a Pierre Franey recipe. I used half and half instead of cream. It was delicious!

          in reply to: Argentinian Croissants (Medialunas) #46838
          navlys
          Participant

            Looks like a lot of work!

            in reply to: What are you Cooking the Week of July 6, 2025? #46721
            navlys
            Participant

              Marinated pork tenderloin in brown sugar, bourbon, and Dijon mustard. Will serve with baked potato, corn, Washington Boro tomatoes and local peaches. I think I'm hungry.

              in reply to: What are you Baking the Week of June 29, 2025? #46681
              navlys
              Participant

                What are you thinking of baking for the 4th of July? Bars, pies, cakes, cookies???

                in reply to: What are you Cooking the Week of June 29, 2025? #46680
                navlys
                Participant

                  I froze leftover pork meat from some baby back ribs that I had cooked in the crockpot. (my husband loves the meat falling off the bones). So I defrosted the pork, added bbq sauce and made pulled pork sandwiches. Because I had some meat leftover I heated it up and served it over rice the next night. I was so proud of myself.!!

                  in reply to: What are you Cooking the Week of June 22, 2025? #46626
                  navlys
                  Participant

                    We had salad too! I was going for a Vietnamese salad but discovered I didn't have fish sauce (must have tossed it). After substituting mushroom soy sauce and tasting the dressing I threw it down the sink and substituted bottled french dressing. With the greens I did include shaved carrots, radishes and sweet onions marinated in rice vinegar , cold ramen noodles, basil, cilantro, mint and cheddar sesame sticks. My husband gave it a thumbs up!

                    navlys
                    Participant

                      Sometimes someone comes up with a gadget you can't live without. Personally I feel that to be my oxo salad spinner,

                      in reply to: What are you Baking the Week of June 15, 2025? #46601
                      navlys
                      Participant

                        I made Shallot , Parmesan and Thyme puff pastry swirls for our community Happy Hour.
                        They disappeared quickly so I guess people liked them. I found the recipe on Tea Time magazine"s web site. Also I was grateful that my food processor was working.

                        in reply to: What are you Cooking the Week of June 15, 2025? #46561
                        navlys
                        Participant

                          Tonight will be pasta with shrimp and roasted tomatoes. Went out to a Lancaster brewery for Father's Day!

                          in reply to: What are you Cooking the Week of June 8, 2025? #46507
                          navlys
                          Participant

                            We had chicken with leftover romanesco sauce. I wish I could remember where I found the recipe for the sauce because it reheated very well after being frozen.
                            Because we have a bocce match this afternoon I need something I can prepare ahead. I am thinking of making coronation chicken salad sandwiches. There are several different recipes for this originally British recipe. Currently we do not have coronations in the US but in the future who knows??

                            in reply to: What are you Baking the Week of May 25, 2025? #46413
                            navlys
                            Participant

                              I baked Joy's Brown Butter Cookies with Pecans from KA's site. Thank goodness I have a scale because the brown sugar weight listed was way more accurate than my cup measurement. The cookies were a hit at the Memorial Day party! The video was very helpful in getting the butter just right. OK lots of butter and sugar would not be my normal choice but once in a while you have to splurge.

                              in reply to: Camera for back deck #46407
                              navlys
                              Participant

                                I take it you don't have a cat! Your deck should be referred to as "Foxhaven"!

                                in reply to: What are you Cooking the Week of May 18, 2025? #46379
                                navlys
                                Participant

                                  Those chopped salads in the supermarket make a great base on which to create a meal. I add a protein like chicken or steak, noodles and add -ins not included with packaged salad. Yum!

                                Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 649 total)