Fri. Oct 2nd, 2026

cwcdesign

Forum Replies Created

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 1,563 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • in reply to: What are you Baking the Week of June 21, 2026? #49561
    cwcdesign
    Participant

      Thanks Mike

      in reply to: What are you Cooking the Week of June 21, 2026? #49551
      cwcdesign
      Participant

        I made chicken salad with the rest of the white neat from the rotisserie chicken and had it with some greens. Now I have a carcass for some chicken stock - one small batch is about all I can make right now - no heavy pot lifting yet😆

        in reply to: What are you Cooking the Week of June 21, 2026? #49545
        cwcdesign
        Participant

          Your prime rib looks beautiful, Mike.

          I made a chicken sandwich with rotisserie chicken, salad greens, a little mayo on my Multigrain English Muffin Toasting Bread (see baking thread) toasted.

          in reply to: What are you Baking the Week of June 21, 2026? #49541
          cwcdesign
          Participant

            A belated Happy Father's Day to all the fathers in your lives.

            I finally got to bake yesterday - the first time since before my surgery. I adapted the English Muffin Toasting Bread (for two loaves) by using 3 cups (360g) AP flour, 2½ cups (282g) WWW, ½ cup (74g) Harvest Grains Blend. I used the full tablespoon of yeast as I was using WWW and the grains and honey instead of sugar to add a little moisture. Halfway through the beating I added 2 more tablespoons of water and then beat an additional 30 seconds to get it smoother. It took about 50 minutes to rise and 22 minutes to bake. It did not get as much spring as I'd like and it is a little dense. I think I need to add more water next time.

            Photos of the loaves and slices below - lots of crannies, but not many wholes - I think more liquid would help there.

            Attachments:
            You must be logged in to view attached files.
            in reply to: What are you Cooking the Week of June 14, 2026? #49524
            cwcdesign
            Participant

              It rained really hard all day until around 3:30. I was off so had planned to run errands, but I didn't leave the house until the rain stopped. I went and got a rotisserie chicken and had with an artichoke I cooked this morning and balsamic vinaigrette for dipping. I have another artichoke for dinner tomorrow.

              in reply to: What are you Cooking the Week of June 7, 2026? #49500
              cwcdesign
              Participant

                Re: colored cauliflower. I looked this morning -we only had white. But, I had planned to buy broccoli crowns - they looked awful! Usually they are the freshest and a good buy - they weren't on sale

                in reply to: What are you Cooking the Week of June 7, 2026? #49489
                cwcdesign
                Participant

                  I baked some chicken tenders and roasted zucchini

                  in reply to: What are you Cooking the Week of June 7, 2026? #49476
                  cwcdesign
                  Participant

                    I made a turkey and Swiss open faced sandwich on some sourdough with Cheater's aioli, spinach/arugula and some cherry tomatoes from a neighbor. It was a nice, light dinner

                    in reply to: 2026 Gardens #49413
                    cwcdesign
                    Participant

                      I'm jealous of your tomato plants Len. They are hard to grow here in the heat and humidity and we don't have enough sun at our house to even try.

                      in reply to: What are you Cooking the Week of May 31, 2026? #49406
                      cwcdesign
                      Participant

                        For dinner tonight (and several more) I had a farro salad I made from NY Times. It's an artichoke and olive farro salad that I adapted after reading the comments. I'm quite pleased with the result.

                        It called for jarred marinated artichokes which I don't like, so I made my own lemon marinated hearts from a can - it's a recipe I found on ciaoflorentina.com a few years ago and have made a couple of times. I used lemon juice instead of red wine vinegar, goat cheese in place of feta, and added a drained can of mandarin oranges to balance the acidity. The recipe also had Kalamata olives and red onion. I added thyme and oregano (both in the artichokes) instead of dill and chives. I served over a bed of spinach and arugula.

                        in reply to: “14 Kitchen Gadgets” #49399
                        cwcdesign
                        Participant

                          Waste of money and space. I was really hopeful about the waxed fabric - I couldn't get it to seal tightly enough to protect the food. Also, the silicone lids that are supposed to stay tight with suction.

                          in reply to: What are you Cooking the Week of May 31, 2026? #49398
                          cwcdesign
                          Participant

                            I had an artichoke that I steamed before I went to PT and then put it in the fridge. I made Cheater's Aoili from Cookie and Kate which was very good. I also made half a pita with melted cheese to get in some dairy/protein.

                            in reply to: What are you Cooking the Week of May 31, 2026? #49369
                            cwcdesign
                            Participant

                              No way I'm judging Joan!

                              Way back when, Michael and I would have occasional ice cream dinners, sometimes sundaes. Living in New England, we did not have AC, so when it got way too hot, we would do that. The most fun was the first time we told our sons, probably 3 and 7 that we were going to have ice cream for dinner, they were really surprised and started laughing. We did not do it often, but it's a great memory. Thanks for reminding me Joan - I'm smiling now.

                              in reply to: What are you Cooking the Week of May 31, 2026? #49355
                              cwcdesign
                              Participant

                                I made sheet pan chicken fajitas and green beans. I don't bother with the tortillas

                                in reply to: Thermoworks scale #49354
                                cwcdesign
                                Participant

                                  Yes, I did Mike - I thought it was pretty cool, but the price way too much for me, but maybe I'll think about if/when my OXO dies

                                Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 1,563 total)