What Did You Bake the Week of June 19, 2016?

Home Forums Baking — Breads and Rolls What Did You Bake the Week of June 19, 2016?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    BakerAunt
    Participant

On Sunday morning, I made a double recipe of my multigrain waffles--a Father's Day request from my husband. Most have been double-wrapped and frozen so that they will be available for quick breakfasts over the rest of the summer. I've been feeling the urge to try more new recipes, so on Wednesday, I baked a new recipe, the Orange Barley Pound Cake, about which I had posted a question, with the changes recommended by Kid Pizza. As I noted in that thread, the cake is delicious, and I will bake it again. On Saturday, I tried a new recipe from the KAF Wholegrain Baking book, "Vanilla Pound Cake," for a Bundt cake that uses whole wheat pastry flour and bread flour. I also baked "Swedish Cookies," a thin oatmeal-coconut cookie, from a very old cookbook from the Wisconsin Electric Power Company. I'd made them once long ago but had forgotten their texture. The cake and cookies are for after service snacks at church tomorrow. I will add an addendum to this post tomorrow evaluating these new recipes.

Spread the word
      Mike Nolan
      Keymaster

I didn't do a lot of cooking this past week, because I was at the Barstow Institute (Alexander Technique) all day Sunday-Friday but I did bake some Celebration Challahs, which I posted pictures of the other day, and several batches of Oatmeal Crisps cookies, one that was the regular recipe, plus a half-batch that was gluten-free and another half-batch of the regular recipe.

I posted a picture showing one cookie from each of the two half-batches at Oatmeal Crisps, try to guess which is which.

• This reply was modified 7 years, 9 months ago by Mike Nolan.
        luvpyrpom
        Participant

No baking for me this past week. I did pull out the last loaf of bread from the freezer so some baking is going to this week, just don't know when.

cwcdesign
          Participant

I forgot to post last week that I made a batch of brownies to take as a thank you gift. Put it in the oven and found the flour on the counter. Took it out, scraped the pan, added the flour and put it back in. When they came out, they did not look like my usual brownies, so we did some QC. They tasted like they came from a box. We did not deliver them and I haven't had time to make another batch. But I did make a batch of chocolate chip cookies which were baked on Sunday

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.