What are you Cooking the Week of September 8, 2024?

Home Forums Cooking — (other than baking) What are you Cooking the Week of September 8, 2024?

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 31 total)
  • Author
    Mike Nolan
    Keymaster

Don't have supper plans yet (probably something involving tomatoes), but I did get another batch of tomato sauce started. Will probably need to do another batch by Friday.

BakerAunt
      Participant

I made a "soupy" farro stir-fry on Wednesday for dinner using the leftover roasted chicken and broth that I had in the freezer. For vegetables, I used green onion, red bell pepper, celery, carrots, an arrowhead (yellow) zucchini, a zucchini-like squash that has a curvy long neck and a bulb at the end which holds the seeds (scraped out and discarded), and ¼ each dried thyme and sage, and freshly grated black pepper. I used more squash than I would have, but the two needed to be used quickly. We have leftovers for another night.

Mike Nolan
        Keymaster

We did tuna melts without the bread:

IMG_1035

Attachments:
          You must be logged in to view attached files.
          RiversideLen
          Participant

Those tuna melts look good!

I had a hamburger and an ear of corn.

Joan Simpson
            Participant

I agree with Len tuna melts looks great. I made pizza for supper turned out well.

IMG_1279

Attachments:
              You must be logged in to view attached files.
              Mike Nolan
              Keymaster

I've got another batch of tomato sauce cooking, I think this makes #6. Hopefully I can get 2-4 more batches before the garden stops producing.

I will probably be picking the first of the spaghetti squash this weekend.

Last night's tuna melt was so good we did it again tonight, gotta take advantage of the tomatoes while we can!

BakerAunt
                Participant

That's a great pizza, Joan!

BakerAunt
                  Participant

I made yogurt on Friday. I could not make it earlier in the week, as I had no more Stonyfield yogurt to use as starter until we did our big grocery run yesterday.

Mike Nolan
                    Keymaster

I did another pizza tonight.

BakerAunt
                      Participant

For dinner on Saturday, I made Crispy Oven Fish and Chips with Dill Tartar Sauce. I also made what will probably be the last green bean, cherry tomato, and Greek cheese salad of the year, as the green beans are slowing down. I think that I have made the salad seven times this summer, and we are fine with that!

Italiancook
                        Participant

Joan, your pizza looks great, and I'm symied. What type of cheese is that?

RiversideLen
                          Participant

I had rotisserie chicken, pasta, green beans and carrot.

I'm guessing the cheese on Joan's great looking pizza is fresh mozzarella.

Mike Nolan
                            Keymaster

I thought it was cream cheese at first, but it generally doesn't spread that much, so you're probably right.

Mike Nolan
                              Keymaster

We had BLT's for lunch and steak with mushrooms and broccoli for supper. And I finished off the last of the keto ice cream to celebrate both Nebraska and Northwestern winning tonight.

Joan Simpson
                                Participant

I had the rest of the pizza last night , the cheese was fresh mozzarella . That is the first time I've ever used fresh mozzarella .It was really good.Thank you all for the comments..

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 31 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.