What are you Cooking the Week of September 6, 2020?

Home Forums Cooking — (other than baking) What are you Cooking the Week of September 6, 2020?

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 30 total)
  • Author
    chocomouse
    Participant

You're right - if it's raining, you don't need to spray them with water!!! How are the plants looking now?

Joan Simpson
      Participant

Tonight we had stewed squash,boiled corn and pan sausage.

Mike Nolan
        Keymaster

The high here today was, I think, 48. We had something warm: tomato soup and cheese sandwiches. Tomorrow I'm already planning spaghetti, the high might get to 59.

Mike Nolan
          Keymaster

Looks like they came through the cold OK, but 7 cages had blown over, the wind was coming out of the northeast (usually comes from the west/northwest) and gusting up into the high 20's. Too wet to try to pick tomatoes today, and it is supposed to rain most of the day again on Thursday, too.

My first batch of lacto tomato water didn't work, I'll have to try it again. I wonder if I can make green tomato lacto water?

Joan Simpson
            Participant

No cooking,just heating leftovers..corn on the cob,squash and beets.

BakerAunt
              Participant

We're having the same meal as last night: soup and cornbread.

chocomouse
                Participant

Too hot to cook. I made chicken salad from leftover chicken breasts.

RiversideLen
                  Participant

I roasted a couple of chickens, I quartered and froze one for later. Shortly after I put them in the oven, we had a power outage. After a little while I started to prep the bbq and then the power came back on. Got lucky with that.

Joan Simpson
                    Participant

Soup and sandwich here.

chocomouse
                      Participant

It is suddenly soup season!! It's chilly here today. But we are having leftover pasta and tomato sauce for dinner, and a salad from the deck. I think tomorrow I'll make a batch of tomato soup - would be good right now with a grilled cheese.

Mike Nolan
                        Keymaster

Left over spaghetti and meatballs for us tonight. A bit warmer today, high around 60, supposed to get up to 72 tomorrow, and stay warm for a week or longer. We may be done with the really hot weather for the summer, though.

Joan Simpson
                          Participant

We had hot dogs and soup.

BakerAunt
                            Participant

For Saturday dinner, I made my Spaghetti Squash-Turkey Casserole, which is a faux lasagna in that it uses spaghetti squash strands rather than noodles. I used the batch of sauce that I made earlier this week. The spaghetti squash was a 6 lb. one from today’s farmers market. The recipe calls for 4 lbs., but I went ahead and used it all after roasting it. This recipe is a favorite for fall and early winter. It is especially good tonight with cooler temperatures and drizzling rain. We wouldn't mind harder rain. Our area is in drought and the lake level is lower than it has been in the past five years.

chocomouse
                              Participant

Dinner was ribs, zucchini, and the last of the green beans from the deck. Summer is over -- temps are cool and crisp, fewer veggies produced in the garden, and the sun sets earlier now.

Mike Nolan
                                Keymaster

More leftover spaghetti and meatballs for us.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 30 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.