What are you cooking the week of September 30, 2018?

Home Forums Cooking — (other than baking) What are you cooking the week of September 30, 2018?

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    Mike Nolan
    Keymaster

I'm making chicken noodle soup today, I made the stock yesterday and it's chilling overnight to separate out the fat.

Spread the word
      navlys
      Participant

Well if you call reducing TJ’s soup and serving it with tuna melts “ cooking “ then this is what
        I am cooking.

Joan Simpson
        Participant

We had breakfast for supper...Sausage,eggs,hash browns and toast.I buy those hash browns that are dehydrated from Sam's and they are just like the Waffle House hash browns which I love.

Joan Simpson
          Participant

We had fried cubed pork,left over green butter beans and I diced & cooked potatoes when almost done added some butter and sour cream stirred up was a nice sauce for the potatoes.

RiversideLen
            Participant

I roasted a pork chop and had it fresh asparagus and leftover lasagna.

chocomouse
              Participant

Last night we had chicken thighs on the smoker, with a potato and a broccoli salad. I have turkey soup in progress for dinner tonight, with stock from the freezer, with celery, carrots, onion, orzo; and wheat-oat-flax buns.

navlys
                Participant

I made saltimboca with Purdue thin sliced chicken breasts. Total failure. Never know how long to cook those thin breasts. Should have used my thermometer.

Joan Simpson
                  Participant

Just a fried egg sandwich.

BakerAunt
                    Participant

We got home from my husband's family reunion, and some subsequent shopping at stores in South Bend, which are rather far for casual travel, to browse and see what is available. I was able to pick up some specialty (for here) food items at T.J. Maxx, Tuesday Morning, and Big Lots. We also stopped at Walmart and Aldis, so as not to have to go shopping in the next small town for a couple of weeks. We got back around 3:30, and I pulled turkey/chicken broth out of the freezer, cut up some onion, celery, garlic and carrots, then added lentils and pearl barley. I added an additional tsp. of Penzey's poultry seasoning (salt-free). I'm looking forward to this simple meal tonight.

• This reply was modified 5 years, 6 months ago by BakerAunt.
                      Mike Nolan
                      Keymaster

We had creamed tuna on biscuits tonight, comfort food that sounded good to my wife, I think her stomach is on the mend. Plus, after it hit 92 on Wednesday, it got cold and rainy again, so something warm was REALLY good.

Joan Simpson
                        Participant

We had spaghetti and meat sauce with garlic toast.

BakerAunt
                          Participant

For dinner on Saturday, we had salmon and couscous. I used 1 tsp. Penzey’s Mural Seasoning (salt-free) instead of dill for some variety. We also had steamed green beans from our garden.

Mike Nolan
                            Keymaster

I made creamy chicken marsala and served it on toast.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
                            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.