What are you Cooking the Week of September 3, 2023?

Home Forums Cooking — (other than baking) What are you Cooking the Week of September 3, 2023?

Viewing 12 posts - 16 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • Author
    Joan Simpson
    Participant

I had a Philly steak hot pocket was mostly cheese and bread.Not a fan of them.

BakerAunt
      Participant

Wednesday's Dinner was Cherry Tomato Sauce. Vegetables (zucchini, yellow squash, red and yellow bell pepper, green onions, and mushrooms), and Rigatoni, with the addition of leftover roast chicken.

Joan Simpson
        Participant

Tonight I had grilled chicken breast with a Caesar salad.

RiversideLen
          Participant

I made a pizza for lunch, about 100 grams of dough (slightly larger than what I use to make my sandwich buns), I stretched it out in an 8 inch lightly oiled non stick skillet and then lightly browned the bottom of the crust. Removed it and placed it on my toaster oven pan, and put the topping on (toppings were a few pepperoni slices, a sliced up hot dog and Mexican style cheese, an eclectic combination). Baked it in the toaster oven until the cheese was melted and the proper color, it took about 15 minutes starting in a cold oven. Fairly easy and didn't have to preheat the big oven.

Dinner will be a burger and a side of broccoli.

BakerAunt
            Participant

That's great, Len, that you have figured out how to have your pizza and not heat the house up.

We took a boat ride in the late afternoon, so we did an easy dinner of leftover vegetarian lasagna and leftover pasta from last night. My husband and I also had the last of the cantaloupe.

Joan Simpson
              Participant

Repeat of grilled char chicken with Caesar salad.

chocomouse
                Participant

Dinner tonight was venison backstrap (steak), corn on the cob, yellow, green, and purple string beans, sliced tomatoes and onions marinated in Italian dressing. This was the last of a 2nd planting of beans, but I have another planting coming along so we should have more in 3-4 weeks, depending on the weather. We're on our 4th day of high humidity and temps in the 90s, and I have no idea how that will affect the garden produce. We have more storms and cooling predicted for tonight, but that was also the prediction for last night - we got the storms but no cooling.

Mike Nolan
                  Keymaster

I had a sandwich and Diane had an omelet tonight.

Mike Nolan
                    Keymaster

I had a Philly steak hot pocket was mostly cheese and bread.Not a fan of them.

Yeah, and usually mediocre bread and cheese, with too much salt.

BakerAunt
                      Participant

We took a trip to the Indiana Dunes on Friday, had a picnic, and hiked. For dinner that night, I made my Oven Crispy Fish and Chips with Dill Tartar Sauce, which we had with microwaved broccoli from the farmers' market.

Joan Simpson
                        Participant

I had two hotdogs and an ear of corn.

BakerAunt
                          Participant

To go with pizza for Saturday night dinner, I made Green Bean, Cherry Tomato, and Goat Cheese Salad.

Viewing 12 posts - 16 through 27 (of 27 total)
                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.