What are you Cooking the Week of September 22, 2024?

Home Forums Cooking — (other than baking) What are you Cooking the Week of September 22, 2024?

Viewing 9 posts - 16 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • Author
    Joan Simpson
    Participant

I cooked early today as we might be without power after this storm goes through.I had bacon, eggs and sourdough toast.Praying for everyone in the storms path.

BakerAunt
      Participant

Good plan, Joan. I hope all will be well.

We had the rest of the Turkey-Zucchini loaf with roasted potato chunks (our potatoes again), and microwaved frozen peas.

RiversideLen
        Participant

Hope you stay out of harms way, Joan.

I'm going to have leftover pork loin, broccoli and leftover potato.

Mike Nolan
          Keymaster

We both had left over spaghetti squash 'lasagna' with some extra sauce and cheese. I also had a salad.

Tonight I'm making another batch of custard and more cheddar cheese 'crackers'. (Those things are too easy to gobble down, though.) Tomorrow I will be making forgotten chocolate meringue cookies using the egg whites from tonight's custard.

BakerAunt
            Participant

On Friday, I made a pot of garbanzo beans because I have been craving hummus. I will keep out enough to make hummus, freeze a container for future hummus, and a smaller container to use in a future soup.

chocomouse
              Participant

Our dinner tonight was grilled salmon and corn on the cob, and fresh green beans. This morning I made tomato-basil soup from about 2 pounds of cherry tomatoes and a dozen Early Girl tomatoes. We'll eat some of it for dinner tomorrow night and I'll freeze the remainder.

Mike Nolan
                Keymaster

I had a tomato-and-salami sandwich and a small salad, Diane had some of the rotisserie chicken with some of the keto barbecue sauce.

BakerAunt
                  Participant

I made hummus on Saturday from the garbanzo beans I cooked yesterday and had some on the crackers I baked today as a snack.

For dinner, I made Salmon and Couscous with Penzey's Greek Seasoning. We also had microwaved frozen peas.

Mike Nolan
                    Keymaster

I did a pizza, this time I used my 14" pizza steel but still did the pizza in my 12" pizza pan, after rolling it out on a baking mat then dusting the pan with corn meal for lubrication before transferring the dough to the pan.

Underside could have been a bit more done (it is fully baked but not crisp), but it came out of the pan nicely. I may try baking the next one directly on the pizza steel, or I may drop the oven temperature just before putting the pizza in, so that the bottom gets more done than the top due to the residual heat from the pizza steel. Another option is to put the steel on the lowest rack rather than the middle one. :sigh: So many options to try, I'll just have to keep making pizzas.

Toppings were my tomato sauce, artichoke hearts, red peppers, mushrooms, pepperoni, cream cheese, mozzarella cheese and romano cheese.

Now I get to see how long the pizza steel takes to cool down.

Viewing 9 posts - 16 through 24 (of 24 total)
                    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.