What are you Cooking the week of September 22, 2019?

Home Forums Cooking — (other than baking) What are you Cooking the week of September 22, 2019?

Viewing 5 posts - 16 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Author
    S_Wirth
    Participant

It is hard to believe how the temps can be so diverse...Mike says 59 next Wed. and we'll have 94 Mon., 95 Tues. and Wed. Not much cooking/baking with those temps. We've had no rain for five weeks.

Mike Nolan
      Keymaster

I think a pint of oysters cost me over $15 last December, they've definitely gone up in price in the last few years. (But despite what the government says about little or no inflation, what hasn't gone up? My orange juice just went up about 7%, a jar of pickles is up about $1.00 from where it was 18 months ago, etc.)

Joan Simpson
        Participant

I agree Mike everything has gone up in price.
          Today we had taco salad,nice and easy.

Mike Nolan
          Keymaster

We had vegetable beef soup out of the freezer, nice on a cool rainy day.

BakerAunt
            Participant

Saturday night’s dinner was stir-fry, using the leftover pork chops from Wednesday. For vegetables, I used green onion, celery, carrots, a chopped eggplant, red bell pepper, mushrooms, and broccoli. I had the liquid left from deglazing the pork pan, so I added it as well. As usual, we had it with soba noodles.

Viewing 5 posts - 16 through 20 (of 20 total)
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.