What are you Cooking the Week of September 18, 2022?

Home Forums Cooking — (other than baking) What are you Cooking the Week of September 18, 2022?

Viewing 3 posts - 16 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Author
    chocomouse
    Participant

Nice that you get to start having fun again, BakerAunt!

Today I processed more tomatoes - the last batch of this season. I think I'll have about 5-6 quarts of sauce, and maybe 10 pints of salsa.

Our dinner was breaded fresh haddock from the fish counter, a crunchy slaw-like salad from the deli, and a baked potato. I used the air fry mode on my Breville countertop oven, with convection and the haddock was cooked perfectly -- the first time I was satisfied with the air fry results.

Mike Nolan
      Keymaster

I'm hoping to get enough tomatoes to do some more juice in the next few days, the vines are slowing down as the weather cools. I'm not sure it even hit 70 today and there are lows in the 40's coming in the next few days, though we could still have another week of highs around 80.

BA, you don't have to have the well water tested before you start using it?

BakerAunt
        Participant

Mike--We do need to have the Health Department test it, so we limit what we are using it for right now.

Viewing 3 posts - 16 through 18 (of 18 total)
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.