What are you Cooking the Week of October 4, 2020?

Home Forums Cooking — (other than baking) What are you Cooking the Week of October 4, 2020?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)
  • Author
    Mike Nolan
    Keymaster

I'm planning to make some ratatouille today, not sure what else.

Spread the word
      Mike Nolan
      Keymaster

I made some chicken salad, which is probably not the best thing to pair with ratatouille.

RiversideLen
        Participant

I don't have a problem with that pairing, Mike.

Today was leftover chicken, rice and mushroom gravy, fresh broccoli and carrots. And a slice of fresh apple pie.

Joan Simpson
          Participant

No cooking, we and sandwiches and a salad with pumpkin pie that I baked this morning.

BakerAunt
            Participant

For dinner on Monday, I roasted a chicken with cut-up potatoes and small carrots, tossed in olive oil and sprinkled with Penzey’s Buttermilk Ranch Dressing mix. I also rubbed the dressing mix on the chicken. I put the chicken up on a silicone rack and distributed the vegetables around it, since the vegetables under the chicken do not roast as well. The result was excellent, and I will employ it again. We had the chicken and vegetables with the last of the green beans from the garden, or so my husband tells me, but he has said so before, and yet we end up getting more. With the weather getting colder and less sun, however, it may truly be the end of the green beans. We have leftovers for the next few days.

Joan Simpson
              Participant

I pulled some roast beef and gravy from freezer,with that I made fresh mashed potatoes and used leftover garden peas adding a cut up carrot.I had a slice of the lemon chess pie yummy.

chocomouse
                Participant

We had stuffed peppers for dinner, with Gruyere-Olive rolls from the freezer. There's plenty left for another meal, plus extra sauce with rice and hamburg for another meal.

BakerAunt
                  Participant

On Wednesday, I made two more containers of pizza sauce from more of our garden tomatoes. I will freeze them for now.

To go with leftover roast chicken on Wednesday, I cooked freekeh in turkey broth from the freezer. I sauteed carrots and celery and mushrooms, then added the freekeh. We also had microwaved frozen peas.

Mike Nolan
                    Keymaster

We had sandwiches with some of the last of the tomatoes from the garden.

Joan Simpson
                      Participant

Tonight we had lima bean soup out of leftover lima beans,rice and tomato gravy.I cooked a carrot,celery and half an onion with a chicken bouillon cube,then added rest of leftovers was good and cleaned out the fridge.

RiversideLen
                        Participant

Yesterday I made hamburger gravy with ground chicken. Had it with pasta and green beans. Today I had leftovers with broccoli and carrots.

chocomouse
                          Participant

Dinner last night was grilled salmon, buttered noodles with Penzy's Pasta Sprinkles, and cole slaw. Penzy is having a sale through today: free shipping with a $25 purchase, a 1/4 cup of your choice costing up to $6.29 is free, and good deals on cinnamon, cumin, thyme, and Pasta Sprinkles.

BakerAunt
                            Participant

I made another batch of yogurt on Thursday.

Joan Simpson
                              Participant

More leftovers, roast beef and gravy with rutabagas, fried okra and potato salad.

RiversideLen
                                Participant

I had leftovers too, chicken hamburger gravy with barley. That was the last of it, I'll have to make something tomorrow.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.