What are You Cooking the Week of October 18, 2020?

Home Forums Cooking — (other than baking) What are You Cooking the Week of October 18, 2020?

Viewing 10 posts - 16 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • Author
    chocomouse
    Participant

Dinner tonight was easy -- frozen breaded fish fillets, frozen potato puffs, and cole slaw that I did make. This is another meal on our "winter menu".

I also made a cup of boiled cider, using a liter of fresh made apple cider.

Joan Simpson
      Participant

Your chocolate covered cherries sounds good Mike,I've never tried that but that 48 yr. old KA sounds amazing,you sure got your moneys worth in that one.

Tonight we had fried cubed pork,thickened potatoes and green Italian beans.

Mike Nolan
        Keymaster

The KA was a wedding present, actually. It has held up very well.

I've never made chocolate covered cherries before, but I've made fondant and we made several types of covered chocolates in Chocolate School.

I plan to make some of them using a little invertase (it helps liquefy the filling) and some without, they should still partially liquefy, becomimg more of a soft cream filling.

I will also be making some chocolate batons to put in chocolate croissants and making a bunch of chocolates for our granddaughter's Advent calendar.

chocomouse
          Participant

Dinner tonight was a quick change of plans as my husband's tummy was acting up. So I had a very small bowl of leftover tomato soup, smoked gouda on sesame crackers, pea pods with Ranch dressing, a big fat green grapes.

Italiancook
            Participant

I made a small pot of chili. One quart for the freezer and one bowlful for my lunch.

cwcdesign
              Participant

Chocomouse, both dinners are good ol’ NE dinners - remind me of my childhood

BakerAunt
                Participant

For Friday’s dinner, I made Maple Glazed Pork Tenderloin, a favorite recipe of ours from ATK. We have been seeing some good deals lately on pork tenderloin, and I have another in the freezer. I also made roasted Queen squash, to which I added some cooked red bulgur. The squash I cut was one where two had developed and not separate—conjoined twins, if you will—I did one half, with its two sections for us tonight, and I will do the other half tomorrow. It was somewhat bitter, so tomorrow, I’ll skip the bulgur and after the initial roasting, brush with maple syrup.

Joan Simpson
                  Participant

We had pan fried ham, broccoli and cheese sauce and a baked potato.

Joan Simpson
                    Participant

Tonight we had the last of the smoked chicken and I made baked beans and potato salad to go with it.

chocomouse
                      Participant

Dinner tonight was strip steaks on the grill, squash, and baked potato. We have quite a bit of steak leftover, so it will be on the menu, in some other form, in a couple of nights.

Viewing 10 posts - 16 through 25 (of 25 total)
                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.