What are you Cooking the Week of May 30, 2021?

Home Forums Cooking โ€” (other than baking) What are you Cooking the Week of May 30, 2021?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 24 total)
  • Author
    Mike Nolan
    Keymaster

No cooking plans here yet, a little too cool for barbecuing outdoors, though. I bought some potato salad at the farmer's market today, so I don't think I'll be making a batch of it.

Spread the word
      kimbob
      Participant

Buttermilk pancakes for dinner with Scruggs delicious maple syrup.

BakerAunt
        Participant

Dinner on Sunday was stir-fry using the remaining leftover boneless pork chops, buckwheat noodles, carrots, celery, green onion, red bell pepper, mushrooms, broccoli, and the drippings I deglazed from when the pork was cooked. I decided to cut the carrots on the diagonal this time instead of in sticks. We like how they cooked, and since it is less work, I will cut them that way in the future.

chocomouse
          Participant

For dinner tonight I cooked Greek chicken thighs inside, since it is 45* and pouring rain outside. With it we had roasted asparagus, Pepperidge Farm stuffing from the blue bag, and a tossed salad. It is supposed to rain all night and all day tomorrow, which is wonderful; up til now, we had not yet had an inch of rain this month, and are in a moderate to severe drought.

Joan Simpson
            Participant

Tonight we had breakfast for supper, pan fried sausage, hash browns with lots of onion,eggs and toast.

Janiebakes
              Participant

We had calamares rellenos. A bit of work but so tasty. Calamari is about the least fish tasting critter in the sea.

kimbob
                Participant

Hamburgers, hotdogs, baked beans, coleslaw, etc. Finally stopped raining. 3.5 inches since Friday afternoon.
                  Wish I had dinner at your house, Janiebakes! My fav is calamari fra diavlo over pasta. Now I want some.๐Ÿ˜‚

Joan Simpson
                  Participant

I smoked a half chicken,baked beans and potato salad.

cwcdesign
                    Participant

I made a delicious Greek chicken salad on Sunday and we had leftovers yesterday. Lots of cooking but not much time to post. We were so busy at work over the holiday weekend - we haven't slowed down much all year.

Janiebakes
                      Participant

Kimbob, I looked up a recipe for calamari fav diavlo. Looks great. Will add it to the menu list. Thanks

Joan Simpson
                        Participant

Tonight I making fried cube steak and gravy with rice and leftover green butter beans.

BakerAunt
                          Participant

We will have leftover stir-fry on Tuesday.

I made another batch of yogurt today.

chocomouse
                            Participant

We had an omelet and English muffins.

Joan Simpson
                              Participant

We had a chargrilled chicken breast that I marinated in Italian dressing, broccoli and cheese with a baked sweet potato.

chocomouse
                                Participant

Dinner tonight was leftovers - half a tomato, half a sweet red pepper, some cold asparagus, and Pepperidge Farm dressing, for me. My husband also had leftover kielbase and meatloaf I had just made, fresh.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 24 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.