What are you Cooking the week of May 27, 2018

Home Forums Cooking — (other than baking) What are you Cooking the week of May 27, 2018

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • Author
    Mike Nolan
    Keymaster

I have an eye of round roast that I'm going to do on the outdoor grill rotisserie later today.

Spread the word
      BakerAunt
      Participant

I still have pizza dough to use, so I'll make a pizza with topping that includes the rest of the rotisserie chicken, along with mushrooms, orange bell pepper, mozzarella, green onion--and black olives and Penzey's Tuscan Seasoning on my half! I'm going to try baking it in the garage apartment kitchen, so as not to heat up the house.

Joan Simpson
        Participant

Today I cooked white acre peas with hog jowl for seasoning,then added whole pods of okra after peas were done,potato salad,baked a pork loin and corn bread.

Joan Simpson
          Participant

Today I made another pizza,using left over spaghetti meat sauce,simmered low and adding in tomato paste about 1 tbsp.then added,sausage,onions,bell pepper,pepperoni,mushrooms and black olives,topped with mozzarella.Tasty!

BakerAunt
            Participant

My husband cooked boneless pork ribs last night--under my watchful eye. I am impressing on him the importance of browning the meat. Tonight, I'm using the leftover pork and the drippings I got from deglazing the pan to make one of my buckwheat noodle combinations, to wit: red bell pepper, sliced celery, broccoli florets, cut up pork, and green onions. Sadly, there are no mushrooms in the house, or I would add them as well.

RiversideLen
              Participant

I put a pork roast on the grill, gonna have it with a little pasta and broccoli and carrots.

Joan Simpson
                Participant

Left overs...Pork loin,peas and okra,potato salad and corn bread.

Joan Simpson
                  Participant

I fired up the smoker again today,smoked a chicken and slab of baby back ribs.I rubbed them with a mixture of brown sugar with garlic salt,paprika,onion powder,cayenne,chili powder and they turned out well.Only baked a potato to go with it so we'll be eating on this for a few days.I had planned to cook this Memorial Day but we had all the rain from the storm so it was on hold till today,still rained a little but I was on the covered porch so all's well.

Mike Nolan
                    Keymaster

Burgers on the grill tonight.

Joan Simpson
                      Participant

Today we had meatloaf,thickened potatoes and green beans seasoned with bacon.

BakerAunt
                        Participant

Joan--my Mom liked to season green beans with bacon. (I do it when my husband is not around to object.)

I’m making a sheet pan dinner this Thursday evening: Maple Roasted Chicken with Sweet Potatoes and Rosemary (I’ve posted the recipe somewhere on this site).

Italiancook
                          Participant

I'm trying something different for us for lunch. We love bruschetta made with fresh tomato, basil leaves, olive oil & some red wine vinegar. I have leftover sautéed mushrooms and a boule of Cuban Bread from the freezer. I'm going to make bruschetta with the sautéed mushrooms on top.

Joan Simpson
                            Participant

I steamed some of the left over smoked ribs and chicken,made fresh macaroni and cheese and corn,with a carrot & raisin salad.

Joan Simpson
                              Participant

Was suppose to go out but it's storming here so it's Sausage,eggs and grilled toast.

BakerAunt
                                Participant

Saturday dinner was Salmon with Dill and Couscous, with peas on the side.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.