What are you Cooking the week of May 19, 2019?

Home Forums Cooking — (other than baking) What are you Cooking the week of May 19, 2019?

Viewing 12 posts - 16 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • Author
    chocomouse
    Participant

Veggie lasagna leftover from the freezer and a green salad.

Joan Simpson
      Participant

I baked a pork tenderloin,sour cream mashed potatoes and creamed corn.

Mike Nolan
        Keymaster

We had tuna salad sandwiches tonight.

RiversideLen
          Participant

Personally, I like a vinegary taste to cole slaw.

I do too. The problem was that it turned the dressing very thin (OK, I probably used more lemon juice than called for too, I didn't measure it, I just squeezed the lemon into it) so I had to add extra mayo to thicken it up a little. That resulted in leftover dressing.

Today I had leftover beef stew that I made yesterday, had it with a green salad.

BakerAunt
            Participant

Dinner on Thursday was my third time making One Pot Tarragon Chicken, Mushrooms, and Rice. I reduced the broth to 3 cups this time and used 1 ½ cups medium brown rice, as I always do, in place of basmati rice. It was soupy and the rice a bit chewy when we ate it right after it came out of the oven. However, the rice in the pan soaked up the rest of the liquid by the time we finished eating. I’m wondering if the recipe would be best if covered, once it comes out of the oven, then allowed to sit for 20 minutes or so. I like the recipe, so I will be making it again. We microwaved fresh green beans to go with the entrée.

chocomouse
              Participant

We cooked chicken thighs on the grill, with Sweet Baby Ray's barbeque sauce, and with it had potato salad and cole slaw. Summer is here! At least, it has arrived in my kitchen if not outside!

Mike Nolan
                Keymaster

We had tacos tonight.

RiversideLen
                  Participant

I deboned a rotisserie chicken and made chicken tostodas. I topped them with round slices of provolone, they covered the tostodas very nicely. Then I put them in the oven on convection mode to melt the cheese. Had a green salad with it.

Joan Simpson
                    Participant

We had taco salad.

Mike Nolan
                      Keymaster

My wife is helping someone set up for a garage sale tomorrow (in our garage), so we had takeout

Joan Simpson
                        Participant

We had left over pork tenderloin,fried okra and macaroni and cheese.

RiversideLen
                          Participant

I made tostodas and salad again.

Viewing 12 posts - 16 through 27 (of 27 total)
                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.