What are you Cooking the Week of May 16, 2021?

Home Forums Cooking — (other than baking) What are you Cooking the Week of May 16, 2021?

Viewing 10 posts - 16 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • Author
    Mike Nolan
    Keymaster

We had macaroni and cheese tonight, my wife's stomach is still a bit touchy.

RiversideLen
      Participant

I made meatballs yesterday. So yesterday I had spaghetti and a meatball with broccoli. Today I had bow tie pasta with a meatball and mushroom sauce and fresh asparagus.

BakerAunt
        Participant

I roasted more sweet potato pieces to go with leftover chicken. We also microwaved fresh broccoli.

Mike Nolan
          Keymaster

I had a hot dog with some cheese and sauerkraut for supper, Diane had hot dogs in kraut (no bun).

chocomouse
            Participant

We had ribs, potato salad, and asparagus.

Joan Simpson
              Participant

We had salmon patties,mashed potatoes and garden peas.

BakerAunt
                Participant

For lunch on Saturday, and into next week, I made the Penzey’s recipe for Chickpea and Spinach Stew, using tomato sauce I froze at the end of last summer. I cut the cumin to ¼ tsp. and the cayenne to a dash. I also added ½ tsp. baking soda to reduce acidity. I cooked ½ cup bulgur, then combined it with the stew at the end. Between the tomatoes, the spices, and the chickpeas, it is not a recipe my husband can eat, hence I have it for lunches.

I made broth this afternoon from the bones from the chicken we had earlier this week.

Dinner tonight is more leftover roast chicken, the rest of the sweet potatoes roasted (won't keep in this weather), and a salad of mixed greens, carrot, and mushrooms.

It was 86F today.

chocomouse
                  Participant

Home-made baked beans and hot dogs with spicy brown mustard! I should have baked brown bread, too.

Janiebakes
                    Participant

I felt like an epsisode of Semi Homemade today. Used a carton of Ginger Miso broth from Trader Joe's to cook some Trader Joe's shumai. Put those and their sauce on one sushi platter. Had some bok choy to use and thought of fresh Spring Rolls so cut off the leafy green part and fine sliced. Added the finely sliced ribs to the ginger miso broth. Thin sliced a carrot, cooked some shrimp and boiled some rice noodles. Put it all together (3 each) and plated it on another sushi platter with hoisen sauce and chopped peanuts in the little dipping bowls. Added the leftover greens, carrot, and rice noodles to the broth, along with sesame oil and stirred in two beaten eggs. Made a nice lunch.

Joan Simpson
                      Participant

No cooking here tonight we went out to a local BBQ restaurant.

Viewing 10 posts - 16 through 25 (of 25 total)
                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.