What are You Cooking the Week of May 14, 2017?

Home Forums Cooking โ€” (other than baking) What are You Cooking the Week of May 14, 2017?

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    BakerAunt
    Participant

It looks like no one started this thread yet. Tonight I plan to use leftover rice, from last week's stroganoff, and leftover pork, from the Sunday dinner my husband cooked (along with the drippings I saved) to make one of my grain-meat-and vegetable combinations.

Spread the word
      Joan Simpson
      Participant

I've made Spaghetti and meat sauce Sunday,Ham,macaroni and tomatoes,corn and garden pea salad Monday,Yesterday I made Spanish rice with bread and butter and Banana Pudding the original way my mom always made it with meringue on top...so good.

BakerAunt
        Participant

On Friday evening, I made Dilled Salmon and Couscous. Yes, I know, that is the third time in two weeks, but my husband was hooding his graduate student this evening, and we needed a fast, good meal.

RiversideLen
          Participant

I made a small turkey pepperoni pizza the last 2 nights.

Mike Nolan
            Keymaster

For our party today I'm making deviled eggs, crab-stuffed mushrooms and I will be making sliders, hot dogs and brats. It's expected to be cold and rainy, so I'll probably be using the indoor gas griddle and doing the dogs and brats under the broiler.

navlys
              Participant

Because I'm exhausted from exercising and food shopping I revised my menu from spicy skewered shrimp with pineapple to breakfast for dinner that is cheddar cheese and sausage filled omelets with fried potato patties and toasted homemade potato bread with cinnamon pear jam.

cwcdesign
                Participant

On Thursday I made a sheet pan BLT salad from myrecipes.com - We really liked it but think a little less bread and a little more bacon next time. Tonight I made sheet pan Fajitas. I love having meals that take so little time

Mike Nolan
                  Keymaster

Your 'breakfast for dinner' menu doesn't sound like that much less work than the shrimp/pineapple menu. ๐Ÿ™‚

After having well over 4 inches of rain in the last 72 hours, it let up enough that I was able to do the sliders, brats and dogs on the outdoor gas grill and the party went well. The Texas Chocolate Sheet Cake was, as always, devoured.

Mike Nolan
                    Keymaster

Looked at the video on the sheet pan BLT salad, I'd have to swap out the arugula and the avacado/mayo dressing, but otherwise it looks like it has potential.

cwcdesign
                      Participant

I laughed when I read your comments, Mike. I am working on arugula - baby is fine but I often mix it with other lettuces. In this case I didn't have enough arugula so I threw in some chopped up romaine. You could probably use spinach as the warm bacon fat wilts the lettuce. I'm a big fan of avocados, but you could certainly thin mayo to use as your dressing. After all, mayo is a necessity in BLTs!?

Mike Nolan
                        Keymaster

I like avocado, my wife doesn't. She's a Miracle Whip person, I'm a mayo person. She doesn't like arugula, I think it's OK but not as the only green in a salad. How have we managed to stay married for over 44 years?

My mother loved wilted lettuce salad (made with hot bacon fat and vinegar), I think it's inedible.

cwcdesign
                          Participant

The good news is that most of the bacon grease gets soaked up by the bread - there's just enough to wilt the lettuce not enough to drown it.

Michael and I had differences in food likes as well - sometimes I wonder how I ever got to eat what I liked ?

BakerAunt
                            Participant

On Saturday, I made the Four-Bean Salad recipe that I got from my college roommate. It is for a church potluck on Sunday.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
                            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.