What are you Cooking the Week of March 6, 2022?

Home Forums Cooking — (other than baking) What are you Cooking the Week of March 6, 2022?

Viewing 11 posts - 16 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • Author
    Joan Simpson
    Participant

I baked a half chicken in my covered roaster pan, fried okra and macaroni and cheese.

RiversideLen
      Participant

I made a small roast beef yesterday. I had a roast beef sandwich and broccoli for dinner tonight.

BakerAunt
        Participant

I roasted the last two pie pumpkins today--the latest that I have ever kept pumpkins around. I will freeze most of the puree, but I have left 2 cups in the refrigerator for a pumpkin loaf cake I plan to bake.

BakerAunt
          Participant

I had planned to make beef stew for Friday dinner, but the meat had not thawed. I pivoted to salmon patties, vegetable rotini tossed in olive oil with a bit of Parmesan, and microwaved fresh broccoli.

RiversideLen
            Participant

I made roasted salmon, fettuccini with broccoli and carrots.

Joan Simpson
              Participant

BakerAunt it's a salmon patty day I guess,we had them with leftover coleslaw and cheese grits.Blueberry coffee cake for dessert.

chocomouse
                Participant

And I had planned to have salmon on the grill, but my husband was sugaring and didn't come home until 10:30 - way too late to eat dinner. We had split pea soup from the freezer.

Joan Simpson
                  Participant

Today I used leftover baked chicken and BBQ pork and made a dutch oven of Brunswick Stew.It was really good and warming on this cold windy day.

BakerAunt
                    Participant

Joan--We had stew also!

Dinner on Saturday was beef stew, using local beef from our farmers' market. Temperatures today started out at 14F and did not rise above 20, so warm stew with rolls is perfect.

Mike Nolan
                      Keymaster

Tonight we're having some potato soup, plus some fried cheese sandwiches, and maybe some salad.

RiversideLen
                        Participant

On Saturday I made a stir fry with leftover roast beef, red bell pepper, carrots, celery, broccoli and mushrooms and had it over noodles.

Viewing 11 posts - 16 through 26 (of 26 total)
                        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.