What are you Cooking the Week of June 30, 2024?

Home Forums Cooking — (other than baking) What are you Cooking the Week of June 30, 2024?

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 32 total)
  • Author
    cwcdesign
    Participant

Back in May, I tied a pasta primavera recipe from WaPo. Will and I both thought it held promise but it didn't have enough vegetables. So today, I made the full recipe (pound of pasta) with double the veges. I needed to adjust the cream slightly and the Parmesan. It definitely looked like I wanted it to and it tastes really good. I also broke the fettuccine in half before I cooked it which made it easier to combine. One of the reasons the recipe had appealed to me in the first place, you add all the veges, except the mushrooms, to the half cooked pasta. I like it better than sautéing them all. I did freeze two 1.5 pound portions of the pasta for dinners later on. I had enough for dinner tonight and a few more dinners this week.

Mike Nolan
      Keymaster

We had KC strip steak with a salad.

RiversideLen
        Participant

I bought a rotisserie chicken and make enchiladas with some of it, leftover mashed potato and brussels sprouts and carrot.

Joan Simpson
          Participant

I had made chicken salad for my sister in law and had 3 chicken carcasses so I boiled them today and made chicken and dumplings like I saw on a reel on tik tok using tortillas for the dumplings.It was OK just not dumplings to me, more like a noodle but was very easy and I got full so I'm not complaining and have enough for several meals.

IMG_0943

Attachments:
            You must be logged in to view attached files.
            Mike Nolan
            Keymaster

I made chocolate pudding for Diane this afternoon, she had a crown come off last night and the molar underneath was cracked, so she had it extracted today and is on soft foods for a few days.

Mike Nolan
              Keymaster

I also am making custard for Diane. I had a sandwich tonight, she's on soft foods today and will probably not eat much that requires chewing tomorrow as well. I was planning an eye-of-round roast on the outdoor grill for tomorrow, but I put it in the freezer and will make it another day.

BakerAunt
                Participant

Best wishes to Diane for a speedy recovery.

I made salmon patties for dinner on Wednesday. We had them on the whole wheat/rye/semolina buns I baked this morning. We had leftover dill tartar sauce which goes very well with salmon patties.

I also made yogurt today.

Joan Simpson
                  Participant

Happy 4th of July to everyone.

I hope Diane isn't in pain and hope she heals fast.

I had a hamburger, potato salad and corn on the cob with pickles.Just keeping it quiet here today.Hoping my neighbor doesn't breakout the fireworks tonight or my dog will be very scared.

Mike Nolan
                    Keymaster

She's not even taking tylenol much at this point.

chocomouse
                      Participant

That's nice that Diane is recovering quickly!

Our dinner was grilled salmon, veggie slaw, and potato salad. It was a working day with my husband and son taking down the cracked retaining wall behind the garage and house; they have a little more work to do with the excavator and then the backhoe for the rest of the re-landscaping. A miserable job in 97* with high humidity.

Mike Nolan
                        Keymaster

She had two hard boiled eggs for supper, I had tuna salad on a bed of lettuce and tomato.

Joan Simpson
                          Participant

I got another rotisserie chicken so it was potato salad, pickle spears with chicken.

chocomouse
                            Participant

Leftovers here.

Mike Nolan
                              Keymaster

Salami and tomato sandwiches here.

RiversideLen
                                Participant

I had a large salad and tuna salad on a Brioche bun.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 32 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.