What are You Cooking the Week of June 2, 2019?

Home Forums Cooking — (other than baking) What are You Cooking the Week of June 2, 2019?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 22 total)
  • Author
    BakerAunt
    Participant

Sunday dinner will be my Dijon-Peach Glazed Turkey-Zucchini Loaf, fresh steamed green beans, and new potatoes from the farmers' market, using a recipe in which they are boiled, then tossed with olive oil, pepper, and grated Parmesan Cheese. (I'll add the name and a link to the recipe later today.)

As promised: “Cacio e Pepe Potatoes,” from a Bon Appetit recipe:

https://www.bonappetit.com/recipe/cacio-e-pepe-potatoes

I used 1 ¾ pounds new potatoes from the farmers’ market. I used 3 Tbs. olive oil and 1 oz grated Parmesan. I did not add additional salt. Although the recipe would work better if the potatoes were roughly the same size, it is a delicious way to eat them.

Spread the word
      • This topic was modified 4 years, 10 months ago by BakerAunt.
      Joan Simpson
      Participant

Tonight we had grilled cheese sandwich with home cut french fries.

BakerAunt those potatoes look awesome!

• This reply was modified 4 years, 10 months ago by Joan Simpson.
        RiversideLen
        Participant

I had a banquet on a bun today, bbq hot dog and burger with a nice crispy large salad.

There used to be a greasy spoon on Rush Street in Chicago called Banquet on a Bun, you could catch a glimpse of it in the movie Risky Business. The best they had was a Virginia ham on the bone that they would slice off on order, grilled ham and cheese there truly was a poor man's banquet.

navlys
          Participant

I just made skillet chicken with sundried tomato sauce over Hana mozzarella pasta pillows. It was deeelicious. It was from "cremedelacrumb's blog.

Joan Simpson
            Participant

Tonight I fried cubed steak,left over white acre peas with okra,thickened potatoes and peach/blueberry cobbler.

BakerAunt
              Participant

On Monday, I made chicken broth from the bones of that rotisserie chicken. For dinner on Tuesday, I used that broth to make a Lentil-Vegetable-Farro Soup. The vegetables were: a 14-oz. can of no-salt added diced tomatoes; onion, mini-yellow and orange bell peppers; celery, carrots, garlic, zucchini, and parsley. I used 1 ¼ cups brown lentils and ½ cup Farro. I added an additional ¾ cup of water (rinsed out the tomato can). To season, I used 2 tsp. Penzey’s Forward (a no-salt spice blend), 1 tsp. Worcestershire sauce; 1 Tbs. tomato paste; and 1 tsp. sugar. I had about 5 cups of chicken broth. The soup is delicious.

Joan Simpson
                Participant

Tonight we had taco salad,I roll mine in a flour tortilla like a burrito.

RiversideLen
                  Participant

I had a burger and chicken veg soup.

Joan Simpson
                    Participant

Tonight I fried cubed pork,rice and tomato gravy and fresh stewed squash with onions.

chocomouse
                      Participant

Home from trip, so back into the kitchen. We had a quick meal of sliced browned hot Italian sausage, sliced potatoes, chunks of onion and sweet red peppers, all cooked in a cast iron skillet, with a side of cole slaw.

BakerAunt
                        Participant

To go with leftover turkey-zucchini loaf and microwaved broccoli, I cooked ½ cup bulgur in 1 cup of chicken broth. It’s tasty and faster than making rice.

RiversideLen
                          Participant

I made spaghetti and meatballs yesterday, so that will be dinner for the next several days.

Joan Simpson
                            Participant

Love left overs! Tonight we had fried chicken,left over white acre peas and okra and fresh macaroni and cheese.

chocomouse
                              Participant

We had "shepherds pie" with ground beef, corn, and mashed potato. And a red and green leaf lettuce salad with lettuce picked from my planter on the deck. My tomatoes are looking good, but not producing yet, and I just bought sweet pepper seedlings today. We finally have sunshine, and 84* today, with similar weather predicted through Sunday! I hope conditions have settled down for those of you who live in the mid-west and Atlantic seaboard also.

Joan Simpson
                                Participant

Tonight we had cubed steak,baked sweet potato and green beans,I had the left over squash with hoe cake bread.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 22 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.