What are You Cooking the Week of June 12, 2022?

Home Forums Cooking — (other than baking) What are You Cooking the Week of June 12, 2022?

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 31 total)
  • Author
    BakerAunt
    Participant

On Thursday, I made the Ensalada de Quinoa recipe from Penzeys, with my changes. I did not have a lime, so I substituted lemon juice.

To go with the salad, I roasted a chicken. Given the heat, I would not have chosen to have the big oven on this afternoon, but the chicken was now thawed and needed to be done.

cwcdesign
      Participant

I had planned to grill some chicken tenders,but it turns out I’m out of propane. Now I have to figure how to get some more without Will around to carry it.

Anyway, I made a marinade of olive oil and Penzey’s Mitchell Street seasoning which I got as a sample - I baked them in the oven. Then I made tabbouleh with BRM bulgur, herbs from my box, tomatoes from a neighbor and feta. I had bought a cucumber (organic) at Harris Teeter but when I cut it open, it was bad on the inside. I ended up chopping some celery for the crunch - it actually worked pretty well.

Joan Simpson
        Participant

Tonight we had fried cubed pork, macaroni and cheese and green beans with diced potatoes in them.

RiversideLen
          Participant

I had the last of my sloppy Joe tonight with asparagus.

Joan Simpson
            Participant

Tonight we had meatloaf, mashed potatoes and creamed corn.

Mike Nolan
              Keymaster

We had sandwiches on some of the semolina bread.

chocomouse
                Participant

Today I made 2 large salads for a grand-daughter's wedding tomorrow. They are having a pig roast with guests bringing side dishes. So I made a double batch of bean salad, and 2 large salad bowls of greens and veggies. I also made maple vinaigrette to dress them. I grew the greens and herbs on my deck, and in spite of crazy weather, and thanks to good luck, my timing for producing the perfect lettuces and the right time worked just fine.

RiversideLen
                  Participant

I had a pork chop with noodles and kale.

BakerAunt
                    Participant

Chocomouse: Congratulations to your granddaughter and her husband on their wedding today!

Mike Nolan
                      Keymaster

We are planning BLT's for supper.

Joan Simpson
                        Participant

I used leftover peas, butterbeans creamed corn and one can of corn,tomato okra mix and added more frozen okra for a good thick soup.So good with leftover corn bread and chocolate pudding for dessert.

Chocomouse congratulations on your Granddaughter's wedding, sounds like it's going to be nice!

BakerAunt
                          Participant

Saturday night's dinner was Salmon and Couscous with Penzey's Greek seasoning. We also had microwaved frozen peas and carrots.

I also made yogurt today. I am trying it with one of my previous jars of yogurt as the starter, as I will not be able to get Stonyfield yogurt until we make our big shopping run this next week.

RiversideLen
                            Participant

I made stir fry veggies which included kale, asparagus, shredded carrot, red bell pepper, jalapeno and zucchini, seasoned with grated ginger, sesame seed oil and soy sauce, served over rice and a leftover pork chop.

Mike Nolan
                              Keymaster

It'll be burgers on the (old) grill, salad and some of the kouign amann for supper tonight.

Happy Father's Day to all the dads out there.

Joan Simpson
                                Participant

Happy Father's Day to all the Dad's.

We had BLT's and fries.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 31 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.