What are You Cooking the Week of June 10, 2018?

Home Forums Cooking — (other than baking) What are You Cooking the Week of June 10, 2018?

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    BakerAunt
    Participant

We have leftovers from last night--which is why I have time for my baking projects this afternoon--but for those of you starting the week afresh and cooking today, here is the thread.

Spread the word
      Joan Simpson
      Participant

We had a sandwich and I made a Blackberry cobbler and a churn of vanilla ice cream.

BakerAunt
        Participant

Monday’s dinner was Salmon and Couscous. I added 1/8 tsp. of celery seed as well (Mike mentioned doing that, so I thought that I would try it), and I like the flavor, so I will do that in the future.

• This reply was modified 5 years, 10 months ago by BakerAunt.
          Joan Simpson
          Participant

Monday we had cubed steak,garden peas and carrots and scalloped potatoes.Today my cousin came by and we talked all afternoon so we had toast and eggs.That was fine,my cousin is like a brother to me.Still eating on the blackberry cobbler and ice cream.

RiversideLen
            Participant

I made spaghetti and meatballs.

navlys
              Participant

I took a thin pizza crust from TJ's and spread it with pesto. I then topped it with low fat alfredo sauce and cut up cooked sausage, sautéed onions and mozzarella cheese. I baked it and we devoured it.

Joan Simpson
                Participant

Tonight we had chicken tenders,fresh squash,sweet potatoes in a glazed sauce and left over butter beans.

Joan Simpson
                  Participant

Taco salad.

RiversideLen
                    Participant

I made a round roast on the grill today.

BakerAunt
                      Participant

We had two cooked boneless pork chops in the refrigerator left over from the four my husband cooked earlier this week. I made a stir fry with red bell pepper, snow peas from the farmers market, the diced pork, a brown rice blend, and sliced green onion. There's enough for tomorrow night as well.

• This reply was modified 5 years, 10 months ago by BakerAunt. Reason: clarity
                        chocomouse
                        Participant

We had salmon and roasted potatoes with fresh herbs cut from the planters on the deck, all cooked on the grill, and a green salad.

Joan Simpson
                          Participant

We had what I call it Cheater chicken potpie,made by 1- 12oz.can of chicken breast drained,1-can of cream of chicken soup,1-can of peas & carrots drained and a large spoon of sour cream all stirred up and put in casserole dish topped with a thin layer bread crumbs and a little bits of butter scattered across (my husband doesn't like a crust)baked @ 375*for 45-50 min.Nice and easy for today.

BakerAunt
                            Participant

Our Saturday night dinner was also simple. I mixed the leftover cooked ground turkey from when we made pizza with leftover macaroni and cheese (made with Vermont Cheese Powder). I stirred in cooked peas.

Mike Nolan
                              Keymaster

After a week of eating on campus several times at the annual Barstow Institute for the Alexander Technique, we had something simple tonight--tacos.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.