What are you Cooking the Week of July 7, 2024?

Home Forums Cooking — (other than baking) What are you Cooking the Week of July 7, 2024?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 39 total)
  • Author
    Mike Nolan
    Keymaster

Not exactly cooking, but I'm looking into keto-friendly ice cream recipes, using heavy cream (fewer carbs than milk), eggs and allulose.

Spread the word
      Joan Simpson
      Participant

I had a grilled cheese and tomato soup.

BakerAunt
        Participant

We had a not very good Progresso beef and vegetable soup from my canned soup stock that I wanted to use up. Progresso soups are our go-to meal when traveling, but we have not done that many overnight trips for a while.

The soup was a good choice because we just returned from three nights at the Canyon Inn at McCormick's Creek State Park here in Indiana. We ended up taking salmon patties to have for dinner last Thursday and Friday, then we spent the day with my husband's cousin and his wife, and they fed us dinner on Saturday. So, we had the soup tonight that we would have had last night.

We went out of town to get the dog away from the fireworks. The official ones where we live were on July 4 and 6, and the adult sons of the couple next door usually do very loud ones on the 4th. And then there is everyone else around here. So, we leave.

Mike Nolan
          Keymaster

We had salads with some of the leftover rotisserie chicken meat.

Eggs at Aldi were $2.68 a dozen on Saturday, that's up about 50 cents from a week ago.

BakerAunt
            Participant

I noticed an increase in Aldi's eggs when we shopped early last week. However, the price was lower at our local grocery store by about 10 cents, so go figure.

chocomouse
              Participant

Early this morning before the temps rose into the 90s, I made two salads for dinner. First was rotini with ham, cheddar, onion, red bell pepper with Italian dressing. The second was orzo with baby spinach from the deck, orange bell peppers, black olives, and feta cheese with Ranch dressing. Delicious, and no work in the heat of the day. We have leftovers for another night.

Joan Simpson
                Participant

Salads sounds good Chocomouse.Today I had chicken and dumplings and made a dessert that's keto friendly. The recipe is one box of sugar-free Jell-O any flavor I use raspberry With one cup of boiling water mixed together, then pour in blender . Add 8 ounces of cream cheese that has been cubed up blend and pour in serving dishes. I sprinkled mine with graham cracker crumbs. It's really good and fast.

IMG_0975

Attachments:
                  You must be logged in to view attached files.
                  chocomouse
                  Participant

That looks good, Joan! You've given me an idea for my husband's potluck next month. I could put that in small (4 oz?) mason jars and send to his dinner in a cooler. One participant brings ice cream every meeting; this would be a nice addition.

Our dinner tonight was leftover chicken, mushroom, spinach casserole, with the addition of fresh green beans from the deck - our first picking of many more! So good. . .

Mike Nolan
                    Keymaster

My son makes cheesecake filling and puts it in small canning jars with fruit, he says it lasts several weeks in the fridge. (But at the price of canning jars, well over $1 each, make sure you get them back!)

Mike Nolan
                      Keymaster

I had a sandwich with tomato, salami, turkey and provolone. Diane had frijoles with cheese and salsa.

chocomouse
                        Participant

And that reminds me -- I used to make small pies in canning jars and freeze them. I cut the pie crust into circles a bit smaller than the wide-mouth mason jars, and baked them on a cookie sheet. When cooled, I layered them with cooked fruit filling between crusts (several layers). They kept for months in the freezer, if they were not eaten sooner.

BakerAunt
                          Participant

For dinner tonight, I pulled out the last two salmon patties from the freezer and two of the sandwich buns that I had frozen. We also had some leftover Dill Tartar sauce to put on the sandwiches. I made a small salad with the rest of the lettuce, a bit of spinach, and some sliced carrots. I'm not usually this low on vegetables, but since we were gone for four days, I did not stock up last time we shopped. Tomorrow, I will.

Joan Simpson
                            Participant

I had breakfast for supper. Sausage, eggs, hash browns with onions and one of the rye bread rolls I made today.Len has a good recipe and I will make it again.

Mike Nolan
                              Keymaster

I had a salad with tuna and some deviled eggs. Diane had frijoles again.

cwcdesign
                                Participant

I had a tuna sandwich on semolina toast. I added shredded carrot to the tuna. I'm trying to use up fresh produce and not buy too much as I leave for Atlanta on Sunday for a buying trip at the Retail Market - 3 days at the Market and drive home on Thursday.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 39 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.