What are you Cooking the Week of July 23, 2023?

Home Forums Cooking — (other than baking) What are you Cooking the Week of July 23, 2023?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 32 total)
  • Author
    Mike Nolan
    Keymaster

Any interesting dinner plans?

Spread the word
      Joan Simpson
      Participant

I had two small sweet potatoes that had already sprouted so I peeled them and made candied sweet potatoes, leftover squash, sliced tomatoes and corn on the cob.

chocomouse
        Participant

Dinner here tonight was hamburgers in freshly make burger buns. Our second day of sunshine and no rain!

BakerAunt
          Participant

We had leftover farro stir-fry with leftover roasted chicken breast and fresh green beans from the garden--the same menu as last night.

Mike Nolan
            Keymaster

We went with some take out, though we may have salads later on.

cwcdesign
              Participant

I made a slow cooker caponata that I'd seen in Voraciously in the Washington Post. It's pretty good, but I made it late o it didn't have time to cool down enough to meld the flavors. I actually set the bowl I transferred it to in another bowl full of ice and stirred it til it came to room temperature so I could add the pine nuts. I'll be interested tomorrow to see how it tastes.

RiversideLen
                Participant

I had leftover meat sauce with pasta.

Joan Simpson
                  Participant

I had a hamburger and some baby red potatoes.

BakerAunt
                    Participant

Monday's dinner was chicken salad, made with the rest of the roasted chicken breast combined with the leftover tartar sauce, a bit more mayonnaise, the green part of the scallions my husband is growing in a pot, and a bit of pepper. We had them on half whole grain bread wraps that I made on the stove top. We also had microwaved fresh broccoli, and my husband finished off the farro vegetable stir-fry.

After dinner, I de-seeded the 2 quarts of blackberries that we picked yesterday. I will be making jam soon. I also washed the 10.75 lbs. of blueberries we picked today and have spread them out on paper towel-lined sheet pans to dry overnight so that I can freeze them tomorrow.

BakerAunt
                      Participant

For dinner on Tuesday, my husband cooked boneless pork on the stove top. We each used one of the warmed up wraps from last night, spread with a bit of mayonnaise to enclose them for a kind of sandwich. We also had homemade applesauce from the freezer and microwaved fresh green beans from our garden. for dessert, I thawed one of the small pumpkin breads I baked last week.

Mike Nolan
                        Keymaster

We had tuna salad sandwiches tonight, a good summertime dish on a hot July evening. The temperature topped out at 87 on the lower patio here, though it felt warmer, probably low 90's officially.

Joan Simpson
                          Participant

I went shopping today with my sister-in-law and ate out for lunch so tonight I had an ear of corn and a sliced tomato so good.

Joan Simpson
                            Participant

Tonight I had chargrilled chicken breast, sliced tomato and a green salad.Felt like my old cooking.

chocomouse
                              Participant

And that sounds delicious, Joan.

We had kielbase with sauteed onions and red pepper, on burger buns.

Mike Nolan
                                Keymaster

We're having tacos/nachos, trying to avoid a lot of cooking, since it hit 100 today and is still 98 outside.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 32 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.